Disco II CD Player Question

Just bought a '99 Discovery II with 74K miles - incidently paid $12,500 US. One owner, good maintenance records. Did I get an OK deal?

Anyway, my real question is it has the Harmon Kardon radio, but no cd player. It does have the CD button, but nothing under the seat. I heard that you can buy an Alpine CHM-S620 and a BlitzSafe interface LROVALPDMXV1 and that will work. I really am looking to play MP3's since changing that magazine is annoying. Any ideas if the radio will deal with that or if I can find a CD/MP3 player?

Saw this on ebay, but am afrraid of scams:

Well, if the answer is no, anyone have any aftermarket cd players they put in that still look cool. Bummer if I can't use the steering wheel controls!

- Shabby

Reply to
Shabby

in article 0jTUd.48349$uc.13267@trnddc08, Shabby at snipped-for-privacy@none.com wrote on

1/3/05 5:44 am:

have a look on

We've just bought a 2000 Discovery ll and some of our questions have been answered. There is an article on there concerning radio/cd's and we have an Alpine unit with a 6cd changer in it. We also looked under the seats and couldn't find it, but we were looking from the front. Bruce found it under the passenger seat, but from the back of the car. Hope that helps.

Reply to
Nikki Cluley

There is a guy who sells the mp3 player version on eBay all the time and it goes for $310.00 ish us dollars. Most units are just plug and play as the wiring on most discos is under pass seat and the radio head has cd ready controls (as well as in steering wheel). Here's one now...and always at your own risk of course!

Bananaramma

Dying to know if that really works. Also if the names and all show up on the display? Anyone have this same problem?

Having the CD player in a mag under the passenger seat couldn't be more inconvenient. At least mp3s can be loaded with 200 songs each disk so I dont go undfer there as often.

Shabby