Disco II Fuel filler anti syphon grid?

Whilst filling up the DII from the 20l jerry can the plastic nozzle from the end of the jerry can spout got pulled off by the lip at the top of the filler neck, this has disappeared down the filler tube .

Is there an anti syphon tube grid in the filler neck, that this nozzle will be resting on or will have descended all the way into the tank? I've looked at my copy of RAVE and it doesn't show or mention an anti syphon grid.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Rescued nozzle this morning. I did disconnect the filler tube at the bas= e of the neck from the tank in case it was resting in that horizontal part= and to prevent me pushing it into the tank if it wasn't.

The Netto =A34.99 floor matts made lying on the wet concrete drive in li= ght rain a much more pleasant experience from not getting really wet or cold= but also rather softer than concrete. I think I might get some more.

It was lodged in the bend at the base the filler neck, a long flexable grabber caught it on the second attempt.

kup-Tool.html

Damn useful tool that and the mirror on a stick for looking down the end= s of the disconnected filler pipe.

As to an anti-syphon grid, once I'd got the nozzle out I couldn't get th= e grabber to go any further down no matter how I twisted on waggled it so =

there may well be a grid or lip designed to stop tubes penetrating to th= e tank.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice