Disco II strange noise

Hi all, just wondering if anyone has any idea what my strange noise might be. It sounds like a power steering pump that has run very low on fluid but it seems to be coming from underneath the car around the gearbox area. The car is an auto and drives as normal. The noise is most loudest at about

600rpm and disappears when you increase the revs. Its there when you drive or if you are parked.

Many thanks.....Simon.

Reply to
simon

Low fluid in the transmission?

Reply to
EMB

In message , simon writes

Is it fitted with ACE?

Could be low fluid or more likely signs of a knackered pump.

Or the long steel pipes resonating along the chassis

Reply to
Marc Draper

Hi Marc, I have now got a manual and I will investigate what you have suggested. Many thanks....Simon.

Reply to
simon