Disco nicked for a 2nd time

Hello all, had my disco 2 nicked for a 2nd time.

1 st time approx 1 yrs ago, got it back within 3 days no damage. Today it has floated off again, X!!! RBS Blue Td5 Not sure about putting up full reg Mucky, blacked out rear windows, dinted rear os qtr. No spare on back so sort o stands out. Stolen Bradford 4 area How do they do it without keys I ask. I had both sets of keys last time, and still have. I would prefer it back (in 1 piece please) Reward for return in as last seen by me condition. Up to £1000 Could sabe my insurance cost. BUt still can NOT reason how they can drive it away, never mind get into it. Some cold frosty mornings I have not been able to do it, this is supposed to be super protected. Stu
Reply to
tomtom

Tea leaves will take anything. My sister had an ancient, rusty, Hunter type Hillman Minx stolen, the cylinder head was in the house being de-coked...

Hope you get it back "as last seen". Major PITA in the mean time unless you happen to have a spare car just lying about.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

On the box last night at about 10. Traffic cops found stolen Daihatsu 4WD (with Tracker) in a lock-up, being given a new identity. The crook got a £200 fine! No wonder cars get nicked, £200 must be pocket money to these guys.

Now if we chopped there effing hands off like they do in Saudi....

Julian

Reply to
Julian

Yeah, i saw one of them programs last night. Guy was trying to get away from the police on the motorway at over 100mph after not stopping when they wanted him to. No tax, insurance or MOT.

Fined £1000.

It has cost me more than £1000 to tax, insure and MOT my cars in the past. Why should i bother if the fine is less even when it includes a

30 min police chase?!
Reply to
Tom Woods

Be very very careful about offering rewards, the wonderful plod see certain wording as illegal and as it's such an easy nick they go straight for the victim 8-(, there was a high profile case a few weeks ago on the box but it was no exception, they did it to my partner a few years ago. I think their twisted view is that if you pay a reward you're nicked for dealing in stolen goods, regardless of the fact they are your own!. Greg

Reply to
Greg

In message , tomtom writes

It was either nicked with a trailer/lorry or they Have had the opportunity to programme another key to the ECU, (when it was in for a service etc !!!) If so it would be the same people who nicked it before.

Reply to
Marc Draper

Right, to correct a few wrongs Plod as you put is are evidence gatherers.

The law is made by the Government who are elected by the people. The Law is not made by Plod indeed in the majority of cases now it's not the police who even decide to charge it has be be decided by the CPS (not the police!) before a person is released from custody.

The actually sticky bit comes as far as the LAW is concerned if you advertise a reward in a PUBLIC place and use wording to the effect of "NO QUESTIONS ASKED". There is nothing whatsoever wrong with advertising a reward "Leading to the conviction of offenders" provided NO promise is made that the persons offering the information are not given any false promise.

Crimestoppers offer rewards on occasions and are a Partner of the Police although a seperate body in their own right.

If people operate outside of the Law then that is there choice, personally if I were in the position I was offering a reward I would seek guidance from the local police, perhaphs a short letter addressed to there force solicitor. Takes but a moment and everyone is a winner surely.

My comments are purely relevant to England and Wales.

I wish the OP luck in getting their vehicle back and the offenders being bought to justice for all our sakes. I'm not going to jump on the "what justice?" bandwagon, thats not my corner to fight.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Glad you pointed that out Lee - everyone blames the "Police" for everything, but as you pointed out, they are evidence gatherers. It is the CPS who f*ck everything up for us (by "us" I mean the general law-abiding public). My brother-in-law is in the Police and the number of arguments my wife has with people about this issue I've lost count! People don't seem to realise there is a distinction between the Police, CPS and Court systems - it all gets bundled under the heading of the "Police". Not helped by magistrates who dish out pathetic fines - the example quoted before I would say was a good result. The number of times I read in the local paper "Caught with no insurance, no tax, no MOT, no licence - £100 fine". Makes you wonder what's the point! I would imagine it is as frustrating for the Police as it is for everyone else, if not more so, as they are the ones who did the work to get them to Court (if it gets that far!) in the first place.

Matt

Reply to
Matthew Maddock