disco rear door

Wife came home from shopping - not amused had to pile it on back seat as rear door won't open. Tried locking/unlocking and also from inside of car and still won't open. Any ideas? Disco 300 Tdi 1998.

Cheers

Graham

Reply to
graham jones

Hold the key over in the unlock position while trying the handle. It will probably open....

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

Is the door handle all floppy? If so, prise the LR logo out from the door handle cover and use a screwdriver to push the workings back into place ... common problem

Regards

Steve G

graham j> Wife came home from shopping - not amused had to pile it on back seat as

Reply to
SteveG

Thanks for the info, I will give it a try tomorrow.

cheers

Reply to
graham jones

I had a similar problem. In my case we climbed inside and removed the door panel to access the locking mechanism. Then simply cleaned and oiled it and packed with grease. Working OK for time being.

Hope this is useful?

Reply to
cyberwraith

I did this as well. Put the door panel back on, lock mechanism failed, took door panel off it worked. Where is the sensor to detect if the door panel is on or not ?? :)

Dave

Reply to
Dave H

I found no door sensor. I have a 94/95 300 TDi once I had loosened the lock and replaced the panel all was well. I do once a month now pop open the panel and oil/grease just to make sure!!

Reply to
cyberwraith

I will try oil and grease thanks for all the help

Graham

Reply to
graham jones

Careful with that idea ... the oil and grease will attract dust/dirt and speed up the recurrence of the problem. Use a proprietary lock oil if you want to use anything at all.

Regards

Steve G

graham j> I will try oil and grease thanks for all the help

Reply to
SteveG

I do have a special lubricant, ooooer, which has PTFE particles. I use it in my radio control boats etc, would that be ok?

Reply to
cyberwraith

Not sure, you might have to try it and see :-)

Regards

Steve G

cyberwraith wrote:

Reply to
SteveG

I had this on my 2001 TD5 ES7, and after many times climbing in and out of the back I now on a regular basis take the badge out of the rear door shield and then give a blast of WD40 into the mechanism with the straw on the can. I also do the same in the lock side. This keeps it all clean and well lubricated. A bit annoying on a car that is only just approaching 4 years old and I bought it from new. Also I have spent over £700 annually at a main dealer service. Am about to put it into another garage to find a serious oil leak on the engine that the main dealer has failed to find. In summary I carry a can of wd40 now in the boot.

Eddie

Reply to
Eddie Hulme

WD 40 did the trick gave the lock a good blast inside and out ,working fine now thanks for all the help.

cheers Graham

Reply to
graham jones