disco rear windows not working

disco 300tdi every now and again the rear windows don't work, then after a while they do. its obviously a dodgy joint somewhere, most likely the control unit for the windows, next question is where is the unit? i have a feeling its behind the glove box but had a look and couldn't see it.

Paul.

Reply to
Paul

On or around Thu, 22 Jun 2006 20:56:26 +0100, "Paul" enlightened us thusly:

yep, that's the one. hangon, I've got a link to "how to fix" somewhere...

I've not had to do it again, once I got around to doing it.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Cheers Austin confused me at first as the picture is of a left hand drive car. all fixed and working again

Paul.

Reply to
Paul

On or around Fri, 23 Jun 2006 19:07:47 +0100, "Paul" enlightened us thusly:

look at the pictures in a mirror...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Was it the dry solder joint then? (Like, did you find it easy, resolder everything that looked dodgy or own else?)

Reply to
Mother

On or around Mon, 26 Jun 2006 19:44:10 +0100, Mother enlightened us thusly:

twas on mine, exactly as described on the web page.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Yep dry solder on mine too, on one of the relays. went over the others too just to make sure. I had to do the same to the spider awhile back as that was playing up aswell.

Paul.

Reply to
Paul

Paul uttered summat worrerz funny about:

What symptoms did the spider display? Incase it's related to my South of France breakdown last year..

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

every now and then it would not turn over when starting, i checked all the obvious but found nothing wrong, since resoldering the spider it has not done it at all. i have heard from other people that it can cause the engine to stop when driving which could be interesting!

Reply to
Paul