Disco steering wheel locked

Hi all,

Well wifey was driving the Disco (1993 2.5tdi, K plate 7 seater) and she went to reverse. On full lock it locked the sterring lock, she had to take the key out and insert it again to get it to unlock the steering wheel. It worries me slightly if this happens going around a corner.

What should I look for - does it sound like a new ignition barrel is called for?

Andrew Renshaw