Disco TD5 3rd row seats

I have the chance to buy an excellant Disco TD5 - 4 years old - but it only has 5 seats. I need 7 seats. Is it possible to fit the two boot seats into a 5 seater and if it is - how much hassle is it? I would get the new seats from a scrappies. I know there are plenty of 7 seaters out there but this is such a nice machine that I don't want to pass it by without some serious thought.

Thanks

Duncan

Reply to
Duncan

As far as I know it would need air suspension. Something to do with type approval.

I don't know if they all had air suspension at the rear or not!

Nige

-- Subaru WRX (The Bitch)

Series 3 Landrover 88" (Albert)

"Christ's fat c*ck"

Reply to
Nige

Correct.

Some 5 seaters have it but it was (is?) an option.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Hi - Duncan back again.

The 5 seater has air suspension. However I know that some other manafacturers 4x4s have completely different boot sides and metal floors for their 5 and 7 seater options making it impossible to install the two extra seats. Does anyone know if this applies to Disco Series

2's? Has anyone put the two extra seats into a 5 seater?

Duncan

Dave Liquorice wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@howhill.com

Reply to
duncan

So duncan was, like

I believe that LR do a kit to upgrade to 7 seats, which would suggest the bodies are the same, but it's a lot of beer tokens. And yes, it has to have the air-sus to maintain a level ride, for the beam alignment if nothing else. All the EU conformity rules apply to this age of car, yet another reason for getting an oldie. Mind, the air-sus makes it a good tow tractor.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Surely third row passengers create a situation no different to putting a decent load in the back.

I'd be very surprised if there was a necessity to combine 7 seats with air suspension. I'd be interested in hearing the reasoning behind such thoughts.

An insurance company could insist on the use of LandRover's own mounting points etc. but I'd be surprised if they would be concerned about the suspension.

Reply to
Dougal

So Dougal was, like

Possibly not, but...

When I had my Disco 2, I enquired whether I could have it with 7 seats and normal suspension. The dealer told me that all 7-seaters came with air-sus at the rear, as required by the relevant rules (I think something to do with EU type approval). He may have been kidding me, but I doubt it. All

7-seaters have it, and it was an option on the 5-seaters.

If a vehicle is modified so that it fails to conform to the relevant regs, I reckon they would be quite keen to investigate.

Reply to
Richard Brookman