DiscoII door lock

DiscoII I tried in vain to remove the RHS (drivers) door lock and actuator on the WE. Two things stopped me. I don't know how the connecting rod from the the outside door handle is attached to the unit (there is some sort of white plastic clip holding the thing in place on the unit) so, that stopped me sliding the unit down towards the bottom of the door where I _think_ I might be able to wangle it out and (2) I couldn't twist it it out from behind the window slide in its current position, is it really going to easier to remove it IF I can slide it down towards the bottom of the door? Then of course, can I dissasemble the unit and fix it? I just don't know. This very frustrating, Steve W (in Aus)

Reply to
Steve/Aus