Discovery 2

Okay just payed Guy Samons 50 quid for the electical plug socket for my tow bar and do you think i can find where to plug the cable into on the car harness? no. I removed the little panel just in front of the in the rear on the left side where my disco 1 plug was and theres nowt there. Can anybody tell me where to find the plug.

Cheers

Reply to
Indi

You'll probably find what you want here:

I think that the site only works properly with Internet Explorer.

Reply to
Dougal

Dunno Kato (D1) is connected via plugs on the rhs behind the lighting cluster cover I checked the WSM manual and ..........................it says (removal mind) to remove the rh side facing seat then the rear lower trim panel pull up the carpet and the grommet to pass the cable through is nestled beneath, in the diagram the cable hangs down from the cluster oriface ( nice word oriface) . Derek

Reply to
Derek

< sp > 'orifice' :-)

Martin

Reply to
Oily

Thanks for the Web Site m8 but when i click on Disco 2 and Accessory Fitting it show how to fit a tow bar to a disco 3 (must be an error on web site?).

Reply to
Indi

'Mercan mispelling mate along with nucular color et al I plead diffusion by marriage. Derek

Reply to
Derek

Reply to
Indi

Yes, LR doesn't seem to have done a good job there!

The 13 pin socket instruction (STC51078) later on looks more accurate.

Didn't your good friends GS provide the fitting instuction with the parts? Bad boys.

Reply to
Dougal

"Derek" wrote .....

I didn't realise you were from across the pond, by the way, I just love Uncle George's nucular. ;-)

Martin

Reply to
Oily

No not quite Martin I'm in Cheshire but SWMBO is a Michigooner hence the diffusion by marriage and she reckons he is a t055er most powerful guy in the world and the IQ of racoon Derek

Reply to
Derek

IIRC it is behind the O/S/R light cluster.

Andy

Reply to
Andy

YR right :-)

Reply to
Rich B

Thanks for all the info guys. But still cant find it?. On the end of the cable is a grey plug and i am looking for the grey part on the car harness to plug it into is this right? also do i have to remove the light cluster or is there a panel i remove to locate it.

cheers

Reply to
Indi

Its below and behind the Driver's side rear light cluster - on RHD vehicle. Seem to remember the socket is protected by a very tight rubber boot that looks like :

1) it isn't intended to come off and 2) is a beggar to actually get off! That was the most difficult bit of the tow pack installation.

Ian Please reply to group - email address is not monitored Ian

Reply to
Ian

I wonder if its taped up snug to the loom - not an unusual practice at BL/BMC IME. It is probably easier if you can't see it through the cover to remove and unplug the lighting cluster and fish about round the loom looking for unusual bulges. (alrighty I know at least 3 of you are chuckling). Derek

Reply to
Derek

Thanks Ian,

Did you access it through the little panel >

Reply to
Indi

Take off the light cluster (4 off phillips screws) and fish about in the void behind. ISTR the manual talks about removing seats, trim panels etc, but I've never heard of anyone doing that. There is a pop-out louvred panel on the inside of the pillar if you need extra access.

Reply to
Rich B

Hi Indi I removed the light cluster to get to the plug. I'm afraid I cannot remember if there was a panel to remove to get the cable down to the tow bracket but I think not. I think the void behind the cluster is open to the elements at the bottom. Mine is a 5 seat - might make a difference? HTH Ian Please reply to group - email address is not monitored Ian

Reply to
Ian

Thank you all for all the great info, I will wipe the light out tomarrow and take a look.

Cheers

Reply to
Indi