discovery 2 cruise control

I saw this:

decided to give it a try. Please understand that I am the world'sworst at DIY with just thumbs on two left hands. It took me about halfand hour to fit, and it works perfectly. I am pretty sure that cruiseas an option would cost more than =A360.

Reply to
madhatchetman

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

I think it will fit. if you pull out the 3rd switch down on the right of the instument panel, it should have be blank, but have a white plug connected to the end of it. That's what the cruise plugs into.

Reply to
madhatchetman

this:

> and decided to give it a try. Please understand that I am the world's>> worst at DIY with just thumbs on two left hands. It took me about half>> and hour to fit, and it works perfectly. I am pretty sure that cruise>> as an option would cost more than £60.>>

So it suggets that all td5 disco 2's had the loom with cruise control, and thats just the switch to activate it.

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Just a bit more info: mine is a 2001 td5 xs manual, which I think is a fairly basic model.

Reply to
madhatchetman

Reply to
madhatchetman

Yep, fits all TD5's. They were pre-wired and you just need the switch :-)

Reply to
Andy

Switches. The dash on is an overall on/off the steering wheel then has the set/+ and off/resume switches for use when it is on.

And yes it'll work with all TD5s, you can get all the switch parts as spares from Land Rover, what you can't get as a spare is the bracket that the steering switches attach to.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Yup, think so.

Reply to
Rich B

Mark> So it suggets that all td5 disco 2's had the loom with Mark> cruise control, and thats just the switch to activate it.

Has anyone noticed an benefit in MPG after fitting it?

Andy

Reply to
AndyC the WB

This was covered in the March 2006 edition of 'Land Rover enthusiast' magazine, and to judge from that I'd say that this ad is good value, if only because it appears to include the bracket to hold the steering wheel switch -- the LRe article said that this wasn't available from LR, and so would have to be fabricated yourself.

I'd carefully kept the article because (having investigated and found that the wiring sockets were also present in my TD4 Freelander) I thought I could do the same. I went last week to my non-franchised workshop to order the switches, and he had the nouse to examine the workshop manual closely. For the Freelander (and probably the other slightly-less-electronic-than-TD5 vehicles) you also need a vacuum unit under the boonet, and that costs (I think) UKP150-ish. That immediately makes it a less attractive option.

So I guess that for the TD5 the engine control is all-electronic, and so Cruise Control can be achieved with just the 2 switches. For 50 quid that's a bargain.

GRAEME ALDOUS Yorkshire

Reply to
Teeafit