Discovery 2001 - 60k miles - to replace both REAR SHOCKS down

My Discovery 2001 has a new problem now...

The Rear Shock absorbers both LEFT and RIGHT are going down ...in 3-4 hours the car just slides down and looks like a low rider ... I have to use the height adjustment pump to raise it again every time I start the vehicle.

Can someone give me an estimate of how much this is going to cost me ?? rough numbers ?

in California , USA ? in 2007 :)\

Thanks in advance for your response !!

Reply to
mune19642003

LOL!

I would suspect a leak at a fitting in an air line if they are 'air' shocks. I would go after all the fittings with a paint brush dipped in soapy water looking for the leak to bubble up.

If the fitting just needs to be tightened, it could be a free fix if you do it yourself or a hundred bucks plus however long it takes to find the sucker at a hundred bucks and hour I guess...

Or some major part has failed and you will need a new mortgage to pay for it.... ;-)

Just my $0.02,

Mike

86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's - Gone to the rust pile... Canadian Off Road Trips Photos: Non members can still view! Jan/06
Mike Romain

It should automatically pump itself up when you turn the ignition on.

In the UK you are looking at 100 to 150 GBP per air spring and 200 or so GBP for the compressor. There are about 2 USD to the GBP ATM...

See other very recent thread.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice