Discovery

Hi I need a few pointers, which would be the best allrounder a Dico TDi or V8 with LPG.

Cheers

Dave

Reply to
Dave Allen

It really depends on what you are using the vehicle for and how may miles you'll do. I've got one of each type. When it works, the V8 is more fun to drive but less reliable than the 300tdi. I've just had to trailer the V8 back from Normandy with the Tdi.

Reply to
Colonel Tupperware

Hi Thanx reliability is a concern but the lure of V8 fun is hard to ignore :) I will be using it for mainly weekend jaunts and fun stuff, thanx for the pointers.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Allen

Dave, I've owned 200Tdi, 300Tdi and 3.9V8 Discoverys in the past and found each of them to be about equal in reliability. The 200Tdi never failed me; the 300Tdi alternator failed and the immobiliser failed on the V8.

Having driven all 3 I am a firm fan of the V8; not just because it has that wonderful sound but it a much more refined vehicle to drive. Power and torque are then in plenty and are delivered smoothly and with apparent effortless ease.

I had mine converted to run on LPG and found that not only did it then equate to the running cost of a diesel but the engine ran noticeably smoother. Even the wife could tell when it was running on petrol - and she didn't drive it.

My next Discovery will definitely be another V8 with LPG.

Regards

Steve G

Dave Allen wrote:

Reply to
SteveG

Steve mate you are a Gent if I ever meet you I will buy you a pint or two, I'm printing off your reply to show the bank manager (Mrs Allen) ;)

Cheers

Dave

Reply to
Dave Allen

Reply to
Richard

On or around Sun, 06 Mar 2005 21:13:16 GMT, "Richard" enlightened us thusly:

get about 180 on mine, with nuder-floor tank but not sill tanks. fitting sill tanks could take that to well over 300.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

V8 for us too. Our Disco is a V8 LPG'd with a Biofuel system.

I've had both V8 Rangie and also currently have a TD Rangie... there is no comparison to the drive.

I've just bunged another V8 in the IIa to replace a 4.2 XK lump.

The 101 has a V8 and I've no intentions of letting a diesel get any where near it.

H'mmmm, I may be biased...

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

G'day Dave I road tested both a Ser 11 Disco 300 Tdi and a 4.0 V8i. Even though the Tdi would have suited me better as far as fuel cost's, I just couln't go past the V8 for it's smoothness and performance, and of course the fun factor....;).

Cappy

Reply to
Caploc