Discovery catalytic converter

Anyone know if I remove the catalytic converter from my 2005 TD5 Disco if it'll make any difference? I assume the engine will be able to breath easier, and Rimmers list 2 downpipes, 1 with cat, 1 without. I also presume the MOT smoke test is essentially that, a smoke test with a probe up the tail pipe, and no check for what the cat should have removed, unlike a petrol MOT test?

Alan C

Reply to
alan.cutler

On or around Tue, 26 Feb 2008 15:47:23 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@bbc.co.uk enlightened us thusly:

AFAIK this is the case. Did it with an M-reg 300 TDi.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Front pipe on my '98 300 Tdi Disco has a hole. any ideas from anyone as to which pipe I should get for a straight replacement to boot out the cat. ?

TIA Pete

Reply to
Pet - www.GymRatZ.co.uk

We're talking TD5 here - does it have a cat? Is Rimmers list for the 300 TDi Disco 1?

Reply to
Dougal

Yes.

Reply to
Rich B

No problem. Garage sorted it today. Cat pipe off, Straight through on.

I best watch I don't get (more) points on me license on the way home!

:¬)

Reply to
Pet - www.GymRatZ.co.uk