Discovery door lock extra clicks?

Hi, we just bought a 98 disco ES 300tdi. When the doors are locked with the remote or the key the actuator does about 6 rapid clicks. The doors lock on the first click so whats causing the problem?

Pete

Reply to
petegavin

I seem to recall from my 1990 Disco, either it is the warning of doom (read knackered). Or more likely the actuator has had it's position altered. I would disembowel the door, so you are able to get at the actuator. Sit inside and operate the remote, this will give you a visual as to what's happening. Then it would be a matter of trial and error as to it's positioning, ie no extra clicks but full function. If that doesn't solve it then look at replacing the offending actuator ( seem to remember £80 ish for drivers door in 2001).

Grant

Reply to
Grant Jump

Thanks Grant I'll have a look inside the door panel this w/end. It seems from this forum that if it is the actuator being knackered I can fit one from Maplins for about =A38. Regards, Pete

Reply to
Mad_Sunday

Thanks Grant I'll have a look inside the door panel this w/end. It seems from this forum that if it is the actuator being knackered I can fit one from Maplins for about £8. Regards, Pete

Pete have a look at maplins they do a key operated 4 door kit £21:99

Now this will not work off the remote fob but if you leave some of the other actuators as is, the fob system will still work and not upset the imobiliser gubbins.

Grant

Reply to
Grant Jump

Thanks for the link :-)