Discovery Speaker wiring

Can anyone enlighten me? I have bought a Kenwood KDC-6024 Car Hifi unit and find that it is impossible to connect in the rear door speaker unit. Whilst Kenwood state there is no conversion kit required, the audio installers I used say they cannot connect this speaker unit in.

Is the speaker wiring the same on my 1998 Disco as on later models? Has anyone tried installing the same unit?

Many thanks

Reply to
jon