Discovery TD5 missing sunroof part

Hi,

I have a 2000 Discovery TD5 and have noticed that I have a part missing from the front sunroof, which may explain a long term problem that I have had with it leaking. Unfortunately, when I went to my local Land Rover dealer they couldn't see the part that's missing on there system!!

Now for the difficult bit, trying to describe the missing part. The best way to describe it is as a cam follower. There's one part (let's call it past A) of the sunroof which is connected to the handle and moves backwards and forwards as the handle is turned. There a second part t(let's call this part B) that connects to the glass and has a plastic part with a grove in it that acts as a cam to lift the glass as the sunroof is opened. Now the groove in part B is bigger than the spindle on part A that fits into the groove. On one side is a part that fits on the spindle and fills the groove, but this part is missing on the other side.

This would explain the leak that I've when one side of the vehicle has been on a slope and it ha rained.

Any helping tracking down the missing part would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

nemo2

PS. Anybody who read the thread on a problem with a leaking ACE system, well the car is in the garage tomorrow so I'll provide an update when it's been fixed.

Reply to
nemo2