Ditched 90 - Insurance Offer

Afternoon!

Just got back of my hols (Kos) and ive had an insurance offer for my 90

- after i rejected the 1st one.

They have offered £3600 - Excess (450) - Salvage (500).

That should leave me with enough to get it on the road again... Let the repairs begin!

One question though - I only have/had 2 real years no claims. After this claim, i loose 2 so that takes me back to zero no claims bonus.

I have however been driving a company car for the last 3 years - Is there any way that i can get this to count? Any advice? I dont want to pay a grand for insurance again :(... Im 24 if that helps?

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Mark,

when I went from 8 years on company motors to my own policy, they took that into account and gave me a full no claims, because I could prove no prangs in company motors.

NFU were quite good for that (although it is 4 years ago now that I did it)

Most companies ask about company car history too, so i presume that there is something in it.

Si

Reply to
GrnOval

Some companies will take it into account - yes. You will of course have to declare the claim you have just made to your next insurer, so I'm not sure how that would stand "I have 3 years no claims, but oh yes I made a claim last year!" Not sure how they would work with that one!? tho there might be something they could sort out.

Matt

Reply to
Matthew Maddock

On or around Thu, 06 Jul 2006 13:27:15 +0100, Mark Solesbury enlightened us thusly:

insurance is a pain in the arse, these days. each policy has its own NCD, and if you start a new policy you can usually only get an introductory discount if you're lucky, even if you've been claim-free for years on other policies.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

In message , Mark Solesbury writes

Being 24 definitely does NOT help.

Reply to
hugh

My Brother transferred his wife's NCD to his own policy and left her with none.

Reply to
JJ

Why would you be claiming on the insurance then if you ditched it (by that I am assuming no one else is involved.. ) Just buy the appropriate panels and bolt them on, the less the insurance company knows the better. ;)

-- Andy

Reply to
Fuzzy

Agreed

-- Jon

Reply to
jOn

It needs bulkhead attention, wing, roof and sides, both doors, windscreen + surround.

That all costs money, which i dont have!

Mortgage comes first :(

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Mark Solesbury uttered summat worrerz funny about:

When my Rangie got stuffed the other guys insurance coughed up. I trawled Auto trader and got a average price for Rangies of the same year and similar condition. They offered quite a bit lower initially, I got very blunt on the phone. I explained that I'd be happy to discuss the matter in court and pointed him to the ads on autotrader, explained I wasn't after a free meal and that I didn't ask for my car to be stuffed in the first place. A while later he came back with the average I quoted to him and we agreed to settle at that.

Guess what I'm saying is make sure it reflects the replacement value.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Loss of no-claims and higher insurance premium is the price you will have to pay, gets you either way :(

-- Jon

Reply to
jOn

Try getting a quote from Norwich Union - they seem to be very cheap on LRs.

I'm only 19 and have a policy on a Disco in my own name, £1200 for the year with 0 no claims.

As you're 24, that should be considerably less!

Reply to
Richard Wilkinson

Ouch!

So, there are benefits to age.

Reply to
William Tasso

The only good thing that i noticed about turning 25 was that insurance got cheaper!

Until i was 25 i found that NU and lancaster classic insurance were the cheapest.

Reply to
Tom Woods

Every time I reached a significant birthday hoping for some relief they changed the rules!

Reply to
Dougal

I didn't think you were that way inclined..... oh retirement, why didn't you say ;-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D