Does the Govt still offer grants for LPG conversions ?

If so how do I go about getting one?

S.gill

Reply to
ZoNeHeaD®

yup your right! Seems we're excluded .. : (

1800 quid for a multifuel seq...blah blah but added cost cos i want the fule tanks (torpedo type) underneath so i retain the 12 seats. booked in for next week...gulp !
Reply to
ZoNeHeaD®

I'd forget it for a landrover product. It had the likes of VW Polo and such like on the list when I looked a few years back.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Only if it is on an approved vehicle model and done by a certain installer (mainly in london) at an expensive price. You got no chance.

Its gonna take you feckin ages for an £1800 quid install to pay itself back! Are you sure youve done your maths for the mileage you do?

Reply to
Tom Woods

In message , ZoNeHeaD® writes

'Bout right for that type of installation.

Reply to
hugh

I reckoned the only cost effective way was to buy one somebody else has already done however usually they have no certification so theres another problem to resolve. Derek

Reply to
Derek

In message , Derek writes

And no warranty.

Won't take long to recoup £1800 with a V8 at current fuel prices. Also the SGI systems are vastly superior to the old single mixer systems on efi engines. Not worth it on carbs IMO

Reply to
hugh

Assuming about 12mpg or so on LPG and about 10k miles per year its going to take him about 18 months before it pays itself back and starts being cheaper motoring. Thats quite a while in my mind! S'gonna take longer if he does less miles than that.

my £500 diy install took 5-6 months to pay itself back before i started saving. much better! :)

not that i'm trying to put anyone off LPG as i'm a fan - but youve got to be in it for the long haul to make it worthwhile.

Reply to
Tom Woods

My v8 has done about 80k miles on a conversion which cost me about £1100. The conversion has paid for itself several times over.

Also an SGI system will give better mpg than single mixer.

What's the average ownership life of a LR V8?

Reply to
hugh

I figure i'll "recoup" the cost over my lifetime. I'll never sell it. Answering how long does somebody own a V8, I suppose 2 years or so then the cost of fuel becomes prohibitive. Or their circumstances change namely neg equity or a newborn etc. The conversion quoted is dearer than several quotes in London but I prefer it to be done locally so he can fix it under warrenty if it goes pete tong. Btw I got a letter from the council saying someone had complained about the noise of the V8. Hehe.!!

Reply to
ZoNeHeaD®