Doors and the Zen of the third hinge

The 110 is coming on a treat (the garage tell me). I'll shortly be rejoicing in a new clutch and front propshaft, an MOT and some other minor stuff. Can't wait to get it back...

One gets to pondering - dangerous and often expensive. In my case, it's about doors. Yes, mine (well, the 110's actually) have the classic holes at the front bottom corner, and I was wondering - can you get repair kits for these corners (for those handy with a MIG set), or is it a matter of a new door bottom?

The other matter is that third hinge, on the back door. Current Landys have a hinge at the top, which must help take the weight and imbalance of the spare wheel. Is this retro-fittable to earlier 110s, is it worthwhile, and does it cost lots?

Regards,

Simonm.

Reply to
SpamTrapSeeSig

On or around Fri, 25 Jul 2003 19:48:12 GMT, SpamTrapSeeSig enlightened us thusly:

mine had 3 hinges. spare wheel still buggers the door though. I thought all 110s had... maybe only station wagons.

put the wheel on the bonnet where it belongs, you won't need the middle hinge. It's the middle one that's the extra one. other than that, the rear door is pretty much the same as the series one, mine now has a SIII rear door, with only 2 hinges...

Reply to
Austin Shackles