Driffeild

Thanks Si for sorting it out.

Wicked time :)

Got home in good time, worked out the MPG at 32.3, which aint bad with a tyre on the roof all the way home!

Bought myself some BFG MT 255 85's which make the 90 look so much better!

Took a detour round a friends house on the way home - he has just had an op.

320 miles to a tank - and no more.... I ran out outside of his house Doh!

Bec was not pleased.

Thanks to all that were there - yet again another enjoyable memorable weekend!

:)

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Was a top doo!

I've just about got stuff that needs to be unpacked unpacked... fetched the dogs, just been the loo in the dark... soon as I settled down the floor tiles started flashing and this dude with an Afro started doing a nightfever impression! ;-)

Stunner!

RRIII rocks towing! No shit we overtook a Suzuki Bandit onthe way back :-) I think he was pre-occupied spitting flys :-)

Thanks all especially Si who made it possible.....

PS

I've just checked your link Mark after typing the above... Groovy!

Off to practice my lines for the exam "Whats the word on the street shoeshine?"

;-)

Lee, Karen, and the diddy D's

Reply to
Lee_D

Great weekend. Good to catch up with old friends and put some more names & faces together.

Lizzy

Reply to
Lizzy Taylor

!vote=3D+1

Not surprised - you have yet to make good on your end of the deal

indeed, good to meet up again and even to finally put faces to others.

The young man is well pleased with his 'new' tent and the girls are =

completely infatuated with Max.

Proven now without doubt, the sun-glasses/umbrella theory - bought =

recovery straps (and associated paraphernalia) and then didn't need them= =

on the froading course (is this a first?) although the WD40 has become =

mandatory.

Noticed when clearing up, half a pan of chilli tatties had 'disappeared'= - =

hope Max is ok, imagine that grumble may be sporting some new & =

interesting odours on the way home.

Scary!

Reply to
William Tasso

Indeed - good show all round - and one I wasn't planning on doing - actually, I'd sort of decided to chuck the whole landie thing into history - but Simon offered a ticket and being a Yorkshireman (well, sort of these days) couldn't resist. Reminded me of the bits about shows I like - especially Driffield. I'm not really arsed about the landies much these days - apart from the odd one or two that old mates have been working on (Riks 'monster truck' Disco was "interesting"). Meeting old mates - lots of whom seemed to be at Driffield this year and a few I hadn't seen for over 5 years, putting names to faces (Mark and Bill especially), and the overall laid-back silliness that goes hand in hand with those who gather for the enjoyment of like-minded sillyfolk.

We had - IMO, the best possible location - well away from almost anyone else, by the stream tucked away in the corner. This made for far less passers by asking to same mindnumbingly boring questions - question to which I've never really got around to inventing suitably rude answers for (apart from 'why is it purple?' - Wayne Davis gave me an idea of what I should reply - but have never had the bottle...).

A nice 'family' mix also reduces the potential for laddish behaviour and is far more welcome than a group of rivet-counting tossers discussing the correct alignment of their nuts and why their balls are so shiny...

Charlotte always likes Driffield because of the long walks - away from people talking bollocks about landies - and also as it generally knackers Max, not to the point, obviously, where he cannot go nicking any bit of food left unattended or guarded with an electric fence - he seems to have put on a little weight in the last couple of days, oddly and yes Bill, I'll naturally be volunteering him to sleep in a tent at the next show - any volunteers who think they can out-fart him please put their hand up...

The perfect escape from the Real World [tm] only slightly marred by the Capitalist photography company doing the froading pics who wanted sixty quid (no typo, that is 60) for a CD of some pics. When Mark offered the normal 30 they turned it down. Now I'd sooner have all of

30 quid rather than none of 60 - I can guess how much they must be making out of froaders if they can turn away 30 quid for a 3p CD - given they've already taken the pics an all...

So, cheers Simon for revitalising my interest - in the folk not the motors, and to everyone who didn't mention that Simons Disco seemed a little lower on the passenger side as we navigated the off road course. Large WD40s all round :-)

Reply to
.mother

hurrah for the boogyman!

'twas a good weekend indeed. Went to school in the disco which I park next to my classroom, gave a lunchtime detention to three scrotes who hadn't handed in their homework. When they came into my room at lunchtime i handed them a bowl of hot soapy water and a cloth each....... .

and made them clean all the ovens. Their faces were a picture!

Best of all was the teaching assistant who has recently bought a diesel P38 "Why do you go offroad?"

Great company, great food, great laughs, great bargaining from Becs!!!

We also got home and found 8 uncooked sausages........

-- "For those who are missing Blair - aim more carefully."

To reply direct rot13 me

bURRt the 101 Camper

200TDi Disco with no floor - its being fixed at last! 200 TDi Disco, "the offroader" 1976 S3 Lightweight
Reply to
Simon Isaacs

Our Pics

Mark Solesbury

Nice new wheels Mark, but ffs man get a suntan on those legs (and buy the wee lad some pants).

Looks like a great weekend was had by all, and I'm suitably jealous.

Reply to
EMB

Factor 40 man!

I burn like a burning thing without it!

Si - Get your son some pants!

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Factor 40 man!

I burn like a burning thing without it!

Non Pants Pic Removed....

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Factor 40 man!

I burn like a burning thing without it!

Non Pants Pic Removed....

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Factor 40 man! I burn like a burning thing without it!

Ive removed that pic,

Ps - i officially hate thunderbird for posting many times....

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Spoilsport LOL

It's better than my farking mail server at work that has just decided to randomly deliver about 40 copies of every email to one of the company directors. At least it has the intelligence to pick the director in need of a LART to do this to :-)

Reply to
EMB

I only got as far as the first one ... and the brolly!

WTF's that?????? Jeez, but those frills look just right against the 90 ... ;-)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

I was not as depressed as i looked - Honest!!

It was Harrys brolly from his pushchair that Dawn put on my 90 to stop me getting sunburn!

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

A few of ours :-)

not many mind.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

I reckon Riks monster truck Disco was probably one of the most photographed vehicles at that show!

Mark, or Simon - can't quite remember which, did suggest offering the opportunity for a photo in the driver seat for a quid a time. May suggest that to him again actually, to p'raps try and boost the Posh Ted funds (Note to Neil - where is Posh Ted? - there's been no sign for three years).

Reply to
.mother

How come there isn't a shot of the silver Rangie in the first photo all covered in chalk slurry in the last few?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Because I'm not ready to be sectioned just yet. :-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Wotcha,

Posh Ted is, as far as I know, awaiting a new adventure. He's staying with Tim from Muddyweb. As it is show season again we can get him to anyone who wants to get him on his travels again :)

Reply to
Neil Brownlee