Drivers window mechanism - Disco 1

Due to pick up a 1997 Disco 1 V8 on Monday, only fault is that the drivers electric window doesn't move, I can hear the motor whirring though. Is it likely to be an expensive repair and is it easy to do as DIY?

Andy

Reply to
Andy

It sounds like the teeth have worn out on the regulator :

CUH102300 Window Regulator - Front RH - Discovery I from MA137190 £34.06 inc VAT Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Hi guys .

I just complete this very job the weekend. No real problems at all but it does take a second pair of hands to hold the window when you are fitting the screws into the window holder itself. Another point worth mentioning is not to get grease on the window itself as it can take longer to get it off than it does to replace the regulator

email me if you run into any difficulties

Regards

Hugh

Reply to
Hugh Hogan