driving in snow

Looking forward to a steaming February though...

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

in article o%NRb.7669$ snipped-for-privacy@news-lhr.blueyonder.co.uk, Exit at snipped-for-privacy@nomore.com wrote on 28/1/04 12:34 pm:

That is a chauvinistic thing to say. I know quite well how to work the heater and I doubt very much if would have seen this particular patch of black ice. Did you get up out of bed the wrong side this morning?

Reply to
Nikki Cluley

Possibly frustrated by having a choice of sides?

;-)

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

Bwahahahahahaha!!!

Reply to
Steve Morgan

How so? I could hardly suggest you ask your wife could I?

I know quite well how to work

Hence the need to be able to read the road - black ice is most likely to occur in unused bits of car-park and bits of road shaded by trees.

No, that would involve climbing through a sturdy brick wall.

Not liking snow in a LR group is akin to preferring Shoguns because the seats are nicer - it's just not done! ;-)

Reply to
Exit

The girlfriend prefers to be on top, so it's not a matter of sides. . . . . . . ;-)

Reply to
Exit

in article XXWRb.10291$ snipped-for-privacy@news-lhr.blueyonder.co.uk, Exit at snipped-for-privacy@nomore.com wrote on 28/1/04 10:45 pm:

So why do you think that I need the assistance of my "hubby" to work the heater and to teach me how to drive? I've been driving nearly 17 years and not had an accident(touch wood). Patronizing and condecending are two other words that I could have used

If I could see round corners, then perhaps I would have spotted the icy patch at the entrance to the car park, but I didn't. I wasn't going fast and the car slid quite slowly towards a wall, without hitting anything.

I've already twisted my left knee because of the snow. The cartilage can't take much more. Had to go and pick up some crutches from the doctors as i'm struggling to put any weight on iy. Hopefully it will be a bit better in the morning. Bruce is on the school run tomorrow though. He's swearing about it already.

Reply to
Nikki Cluley

It was you who was whining about being cold - I guessed you were having heater problems. The cold obviously makes you grumpy! And I haven't ever knowingly condecended anyone.

As far as I am aware, none of us can't see round corners and i'm fairly sure it's not a DVLA requirement. . . . . .

Fatal mistake - you should be in the LR, then you can't twist your knee. That's why God invented Land Rovers so we can stay in them, be warm and not fall over. . . . . . . .

Reply to
Exit

Umm Land Rover.... Warm..... Does.. Not... Compute....

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

On or around Thu, 29 Jan 2004 05:27:45 +0000, "Paul S. Brown" enlightened us thusly:

well, I can usually manage warm in mine, but it doesn take rather more maintenance of the heater than anything else I've had.

anyone know if the new-style heater boxes on the TD5s actually work any better?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Give us a phone call when you get to Melton .

If you feel the urge to go 4 wheel driving.

We are in the local phone book (Darlingsford Blvd.)

Reply to
Simon Mills

Hehe. You should get a V8 auto - enough heat comes off the gearbox to warm a small house! :)

Reply to
Exit

That's my problem then. I've got a V8 manual and when it's -2 outside it's

-2 inside.

What is a bugger is that the heater worked up until not long ago.

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

My PA had the same experience last night - 'cept didn't stop before the Astra parked on the corner...

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

Agreed. I simply cannot believe that here in 2004 such inequality and gender stereotypes based upon institutionalised oppression of women are still so common. Don't people realise the damage it does? Birds hate it and you're much less likely to get a quick shag...

Martyn

Reply to
Mother

On or around Thu, 29 Jan 2004 19:05:41 +0000, "Paul S. Brown" enlightened us thusly:

flush the matrix out.

or cheat and take the pipes off and connect 'em 'tother way round.

but flushing it works better. I'f you've got decent mains water pressure, you can do this with a hose attached to the tap.

made a world of difference to mine.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Thu, 29 Jan 2004 20:33:15 +0000, Mother enlightened us thusly:

nice one.

yard outside like a skating rink, but roads mostly OK.

amusement with geese, who don't grok ice. Their feet slide out from under 'em and they sit there on the ice paddling their feet as if they were in the water, but going nowhere.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

So - I just remove the flexis between the bulkhead and the manifold, attach a hose to one end and turn on, yes?

Connecting the pipes the other way round is going to need longer pipes as these ones are pretty snug.

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

Reply to