Dumper truck tryes on SII/IIA

Wondered if anyone had any suggestions, possibly getting one of the above (it might even be a SIII) to launch a boat on a beach. The vehicle won't be going near any roads and the top of the beach has some very soft sand. I want the fattest tyres for flotation and grip but I have to measure this against turning, weight of tyres and halfshafts! Any experience, suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.

Cheers

John

Reply to
John Neal

First suggestion, turn of the HTML and air down the tyres. Kind regards, Erik-Jan.

Reply to
Erik-Jan Geniets

And carry a pair of spare halfshafts - the Series 11a has a habit of breaking them even when on standard tyres - with a heavier one spinning in sand the flywheel effect will be greater and much more chance of losing a halfshaft. Normally goes at the diff end, so it's a diff out job to get the little broken stub out. My last one went at the hub end, first time ever, could not believe my luck, no need to even jack it up to fix it.

Karen

Reply to
Karen Gallagher