EAS compressor over running

No leaks to suspension - bags checked ok yet the pump is always running (audible in stationary traffic) and consequently getting very hot. It cuts out followed by the valve block clicking and the suspension lowering slightly, then cuts back in after 20 seconds or so. This cycle is continuous. There are no fault codes from the height sensors but does this completely exonerate them? The suspension rises quickly if the car is used the same day. leave it three days and it takes about half a mile to raise. My worry is the pump will quickly wear out. The original one lasted over 12 years, next one (reconditioned) three months and I am now on my third. Any info or suggestions appreciated.

David

Reply to
David Haggas

You don't mention model but if the orginal lasted 12 years I'll assume a DII.

All I can say is that there *is* a leak somewhere. My DII stays up for days, unless it has a leak (normally one of the bags).

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

--------------- oops sorry 2000MY 4.0 Range Rover 78k miles. The original compressor got tired after 12 years (I owned the car from new) but it was probably this fault that finished it off due to over running. A reconditioned pump failed after three months and I fear the present one will not last at this rate. local breaker tried a different valve block and it did the same and all the bags (two replaced) do not show any signs of leaks. I have tried parking it on standard ride height for a week and it does not drop at all.

Thanks David

Reply to
David Haggas