ebay silliness

Austin Shackles

Austin Shackles composed the following ...

Not madness until someone bids .. though I doubt they would at that starting price.

It is undoubtedly a nice looking example, from the photo's, and I reckon it might go over the start price anyway, but I'd have started it at a lot less and maybe generated some interest in it.

Reply to
Paul - xxx

You always know that when there is no mileage posted in the advert, it's usually been to Jupiter and back....twice...:-)

Muddy

Reply to
Alan Mudd

Driving a car without knowing what it is?! Crazy...

regards - Ralph

Reply to
Ralph A. Schmid, DK5RAS

I thought genuine V8 90's were sought after.

Reply to
wayne

If its a genuine V8 County and not a copy could quite easily be worth that. In 1987 we had a choice of a new astra gte or a v8 90. I went for the astra at the time, now i guess if its still going maybe worth £200 ish ? Richard

Reply to
Richard

They are, but I've recently seen something similar make £1800 at auction, so £3500 seems a leetle optimistic

Alex

Reply to
Alex

On or around Sat, 18 Dec 2004 21:48:03 GMT, Alex enlightened us thusly:

The fact that it's described as a discovery in the heading was what caught my eye though :-)

as for the price, he's made the common mistake of having a high opening bid rather than putting a reserve on.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Austin Shackles composed the following ...

Heheheh, I missed that .. ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

I was browsing yesterday and saw a 109 pickup described as a freelander.

Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.)

Reply to
Mr.Nice.

Wayne wrote >

They are but this is a 1987 V8 Discovery according to the advert heading! :-)

Reply to
Bob Hobden

On or around Sun, 19 Dec 2004 15:41:59 -0000, "Bob Hobden" enlightened us thusly:

Mind, that'd really be worth something.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

According to the DVLA, that registration (D706 RUR) was issued to a LR 90 V8 SW Estate, colour White, Petrol, manufactured 31 December 1987. It has had 5 previous owners, the last owner change was 02 February 2004. Brom.

Reply to
Brom

Where did you get that from and can you check P450 LJB

Cheers

Reply to
StaffBull

P450 LJB

Manufacturer Land rover Model DISCOVERY ES V8I AUTO Body type estate Colour Grey Fuel type Petrol Date manufactured 31 December 1997 Number of previous owners 1 Last owner change 24 January 2000

If you register at RAC.co.uk (don't have to be a member) you can check any UK number plate you want.

Reply to
John Woodison

Thanks

Reply to