Ebaylish spoken here

On or around Sat, 08 Apr 2006 18:03:26 +0100, Mother enlightened us thusly:

yeah, I've seen that at one of the shows last year.

coo, posh.

take it apart? :-)

mmmmmmm, belly pork

how many have seen "Belleville Rendezvous"? Mind, only got it recorded on VHS. Dunno if it's to be had on DVD, if so, highly recommended - one of the best animated films I've seen, and plenty of nice visual gags in it.

I've also got a rather nice old version (on DVD) of "All Quiet on the Western Front", in German with subtitles. and I picked up the 1974 one the other day too. Not sure they qualify as "family friendly" and they tend to make me pipe me eye at the end, even though I know full well how it ends.

The recent Tom Cruise "War of the worlds" is quite a hoot. I wouldn't have gone out and bought it, but it was worth a blank DVD :-)

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Plasma cutter?

Reply to
GbH

This Austin Shackles anon leet fle a fart, As greet as it had been a thonder-dent, That with the strook he was almoost yblent. and said....

Reply to
Richard Brookman

This Mother"

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Dunno if this will nelp but an old customer (who I haven't seen for a while) makes analogue to digital metering interfaces I can see that possibly the ecu may not like sharing outputs but worth a look

I look forward to more on the onboard system when you get further onlooks amazing as is- I always fancied the idea of using one of the integrated Via boards for onboard satnav media system but I was thinking more of Doze CE tho' I didnt check compatability thus far

solutions

Reply to
Derek

I reckon they're getting a call first thing Monday morning! Thanks for that :-)

The VIA boards are 'kin superb. I've quite a few of these:

running IPCop and they really are outstanding. The three NICs mean you can easily have LAN and DMZ like any 'out of the box' firewall, keep the OS write protected on the flash (HDD for cache and swap obviously, or they crash every couple of days!) and by having two PCs in the same housing, with live mirroring with rsync, you have total redundancy.

Running the digidash is no issue, however although I've got linux loading in less than 20 seconds (pretty cut down, mind), when Doze comes in the VMware session it takes a further 90 seconds to finish loading - which is a PITA. There are some on mp3car.com who have native Doze installs loading in 30 seconds (by stripping Doze down using stuff like xsetup and the like), so I'm wondering (sit down Hobbs) whether to have Doze running on boot, and linux then running in a Doze session - if possible (haven't tried it that way around).

I'm about to order some of these, by the way:

Which have internal PSU and means I can get a far better machine into the space of all our old Cobalt RaQs

One other thing I really hate about Doze is the lack of /dev :-(

Reply to
Mother

That, believe it or not, was simple (pretty much out of the box). Take the signal from the autobox reverse light wire, this sends power for the reverse light relay, camera and monitor (same relay). The monitor has an additional feed, taken from the same relay, which flicks the image to mirror. All worked fine with the camera etc fixed with Blu-Tak. I'm waiting the build of the roof rack before putting it on properly (?2007 I reckon at this rate!)

Reply to
Mother

^^^^ ^ ^^^^ ^^^^^ and Dettol I hope - the only sure way...

Reply to
Mother

Tint.

You will find the path.

Reply to
Mother

Only that you put my Taylor out of his misery. I'm planning to do so, but if anyone else volunteers first....

(Choklit is on mi banned list at present, 'kordin to the doktor. Tosser).

Detail "the right approach" please. I'll even throw money.

(For those not at the Welsh UNOFFICIAL last October, I can commend Di for the most superb Garlic bread - notwithstanding Peter Kay comments)

Reply to
Mother

On or around Sat, 08 Apr 2006 21:10:19 +0100, Mother enlightened us thusly:

I'll second that. we want Garlic bread, to go with the belly pork..

Reply to
Austin Shackles

This Austin Shackles anon leet fle a fart, As greet as it had been a thonder-dent, That with the strook he was almoost yblent. and said....

Di's blushing as we speak. Garlic bread in industrial quantities is being planned right now.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Almost worth a trip back to the Old Dart, methinks.

Karen

Reply to
Karen Gallagher

On Fri, 07 Apr 2006 10:34:03 +0100, Tim Hobbs scribbled the following nonsense:

for sale

101 camper.......
Reply to
Simon Isaacs

On Sat, 08 Apr 2006 18:03:26 +0100, Mother scribbled the following nonsense:

yep, also got the half oil drum too......

that is the best news I've heard in along time

that would help!

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

On or around Sat, 08 Apr 2006 18:32:33 +0100, Austin Shackles enlightened us thusly:

Just found it going cheap on DVD on Amazon, so all being well I can bring it with me.

it really is excellent, IMHO of course.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Sorted - I'll bring a few too, just in case...

Reply to
Mother

On or around Tue, 11 Apr 2006 12:27:29 +0100, Mother enlightened us thusly:

arrived this morning, checked it and it seems to work. 's one of those films where you keep noticing bits - I looked at the first 5 minutes or so to make sure the DVD was OK, and saw something I'd not seen before.

DVD has subtitles in English, which IMHO spoil it, so I'd be inclined to turn 'em off. They're not necessary, even with my very rudimentary French - such dialogue as there is is in English anyway, ISTR, and the subtitles are translating stuff that's written. Very odd.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 19:16:31 +0100, Austin Shackles scribbled the following nonsense:

tu parlez francais? Bien! Moi aussi, mais SWMBO ne pas parlez francais!

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

On or around Tue, 11 Apr 2006 20:49:40 +0100, Simon Isaacs enlightened us thusly:

Je parle un peu de francais...

Reply to
Austin Shackles