EBC brake pads ? Any good

Seen advertised EBC pads and seen some in local factors ( green red blue ) I assume for different braking usage. Never heard of them are they any good and if so do they have any inherrant problems like brake fade etc.

John H

Reply to
Hirsty's

Yes, very good - even better when warm. little, if not zero, brake dust.

Green ones would prob be the best.

Reply to
Mungo

On or around Sat, 02 Apr 2005 16:37:03 GMT, Mungo enlightened us thusly:

Paddock have a special on 'em at the moment, ISTR. Or newly available, or something.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Hirsty Hi,

fellow members of the club have used them on D110 (with the 3.5 carburated engine), a Camel Trophy 200Tdi Discovery (which weights around 2.800 kgs) and a RaRo 4.6 HSE.

All of them are extremely satisfied, report extremely low levels of brake dust and a huge difference in brake fading.

Take care Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

Good enough to get the back off the ground on my CBR at MPH

Reply to
Niamh Holding

On or around Sun, 3 Apr 2005 01:13:17 +0300, "Pantelis Giamarellos" enlightened us thusly:

Hmm. might try them on the 300 TDi - that has iffy braking, sometimes, although I don't think it's fade per se, since it happens most often with the brakes cold. I don't suppose a new set of pads would hurt it though.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Sun, 3 Apr 2005 02:19 +0100 (BST), snipped-for-privacy@4x4cymru.spamtrapped.co.uk (Niamh Holding) enlightened us thusly:

hehe. Mind, 'most any brakes should do that on a modern sports bike.

I don't have this trouble with the 1974 BMW, with TLS drum.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

They've been available for ages from some reatailers. Cough!

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Don't need a servo either!! TonyB

Reply to
TonyB

Very good. I fitted them (green) to my Disco, along with stainless hoses and drilled vented front disks. The fluid was changed at the same time.

The brake performance was transformed - easy to lock up at almost any speed and absolutely no fade that I could detect in normal use. I may have imagined it, but they perhaps felt a little 'soft' on the first use of the day, as if there was something to be rubbed off the surface of disk and / or pad.

I bought the bits from David of this parish - not a lot more expensive than the standard genuine parts. Of course, fitting those parts would probably have made a big difference to my well worn setup as well....

Reply to
Tim Hobbs