Electrical compatibility: SIII water temp sender and Def gauge

Hello all,

Here is my problem. On my SIII Lightweight, my mechanical sender/gauge for water temp is dead (broken tube). Being in Tanzania makes finding parts a bit more tricky than in other parts of the world :-) Because this is my everyday ride, I need to find a temporary solution. I managed to find the electrical sender unit, but not yet the gauge.

The question is then: Can I temporarily install a 90/110/Def gauge? i.e. is the SIII sender unit electrically compatible with the Def Gauge? If not, does someone know the temp/resistance curve of both SIII & Def sender units so that I can correct it by putting resistors in serie or parallel?

Many thanks

-- Olivier

1976 SIII Lightweight. 2.25 Petrol Arusha - Tanzania
Reply to
Olivier

you could connect it up and put it in a pan of water on the stove along with a thermometer and see what the needle does! :)

Reply to
Tom Woods