Electrify your landie!

Saw this on BBC website, a farmer set up a device on his Series 2 to stop traffic wardens from interfering with his landy and his fleet of

50 lorries in Covent Garden! Genius!

I bet that Landy is still on the road somewhere....

-- Thanks, Paul

Reply to
Pacman

Another day in history, Yanks, but an iconic picture.

Nige

ISTR there's a bit of history to the photo. The first flag they planted was not big enough, so orders went out to find a bigger one, and when this was found, a team of six went to plant it. Rosenthal managed to photograph the second attempt. Three of the guys in the photo died later in the battle.

Reply to
Rich B

I heard there was some kind of bullshit with it, but, in war, bullshit flows like cheap cider on Thorpe Edge. (a rough council estate!)

BTW Richard, the D2 is nice, very nice & it's off roading soon. Got some nice mud tyres & that !

Reply to
Nige

oooh. electric fence round the garden and through the gates. I like the idea! I shall put it on a timer/light switch so it only comes on in the dark :)

Reply to
Tom Woods

I wonder how long before we can get away with this here ? :-))

Reply to
Hirsty's

And one of them survived - a Pima Indian called Ira Hayes, who was immortalised in the Ballad of Ira Hayes, famously recorded by johnny Cash

Reply to
John Moppett

Just add one sheep and it would probably be legal?

Reply to
John Moppett

Ahem

Derek

Reply to
Derek

On or around Sat, 24 Feb 2007 20:09:10 GMT, "Derek" enlightened us thusly:

teehee.

Reply to
Austin Shackles