Engine Sorted... Now... Seat Belts

Anyone tried fitting Inertia belts out of another type of car into a series

2?

I've took the rear inertia's out of a Ford Sierra from a breakers today I have the middle bits fitted ok but the actual inertia bits are giving me a head ache. I've had to go for seat belts like these with the fabric ends instead of the Kits you can get from Haddocks etc because I have a huge steel cubby box which has my Radio and CD auto-changer in it which interferes with the steel cable sort.

I have the SIII hard top triangular pieces to bolt them onto in my station wagon but I find I don't have enough secure anchorages to bolt the bits too.

Just inside the drivers door I have bolted the bottom of the Drivers Lapstrap, the buckle then goes to the centre bulkhead, then the shoulder strap goes up to the SIII bracket. This only leaves the actual inertia reel itself but as it has to be kept so it spools vertically I cant find anywhere to bolt it to safely. any suggestions?

Thanks

Reply to
evelyn snowling

On or around Thu, 25 Aug 2005 20:19:48 +0100, "evelyn snowling" enlightened us thusly:

there's a bit at the bottom of the door post/seat box which is where the bottom of the belt goes. On the 110 CSW, the inertia reel is fitted at the bottom of the door post behind the seat, where the passengers can kick it, ISTR. The belt anchorages on the early SIII don't look as though you'd easily fit inertia reels.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

No and why, I have got used to the belts on my series and don't hanker after anything else anymore though passengers might.

Reply to
Larry

If the inertia reels can be mounted upside down (not all can be), mount the reel on the "door post" and the fixed point down on the seat box.

Seat belts are compulsory in Australia (have been for 30 plus years) and I've seen a few Series vehicles which have been involved in accidents - any serious accidents just pull the seat belt mounts through the alloy. Mind you with all the other safety features of a Series vehicle the fact that the seat belt mount failed is probably the least of your worries as the engine passes you and the steering column departs through the back door (with you still attached to it).

Reply to
Roger & Lorraine Martin