engine stands

I just bought one of those "Clarke" engine stands, to make life more comfortable while working on the 200Tdi engine rebuild project. The engine is dangling off the hoist - what do I fasten the stand TOO ? The bell housing studs that joined on the gear box ?

Thanks

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

That's a good a place as any, or remove the engine mount bracket, and bolt the stand to the side of the block.

Reply to
SimonJ

THAT is a brilliant idea - it'd reduce the leverage on the support enormously. I had to get the mounts off to get the engine out of the dead Disco anyway.

Thanks !

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor