Eurovox radio/cassette..how to remove? Help!

G'day workers....

Before I do a 'trial and error monstering' to remove the Eurovox 6315R radio/cassette from my 1997 Defender, has anyone ( who knows) got the time to outline the method of getting the unit out of the dash ?

I'd really appreciate it. It'll be better than trying to 'work it out' with a hammer amd chisel! :)))))

.... frodo.

Reply to
frodo

Link to a photo may help.

Has it got two holes either side? .. If so a modified wire coat hanger inerted in each hole will release the locking tabs so you can skin your knuckles in the tape deck while pulling it out.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Thanks, Lee....

There _are_ two small slots about 0.5mm x 5mm. I got two flat wires from a street sweeper ( if I ever see these when in the 'big city', I pick 'em up...tempered,carbon steel, about 0.5 x 3 mm... _so_ handy! :))) ) and slid them down the sides as far as possible and the unit just slid out. Amazing!!!

I'm now in the process of sorting the wires ( fortunately I have the LR electrical circuits and library) and matching to the new sound unit .

Routing speaker wires to the rear is my current 'focus' ( see another post). When all is done, I'll have "sound", hopefully above the diesel engine and road music! :))

Best wishes,

.... frodo.

Reply to
frodo

And the knuckles?

:-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

G'day Lee...

Knuckles ???

Yeah... the knuckles _are_ still a bit of a worry when I walk aroun' ....... I _try_ to keep 'em up, but they just touch the ground..... hey, only _just_, though !!! Not really a 'drag' of 'em! :))

I drove several hours from my place to the Big Smoke to see my daughters just today ( Saturday down here in Oz). I walked across the Sydney CBD....... Hehhehhehheh... _and_ kept a 'lookout' for any of these broken off street sweeper brushes...... Would you believe it, not a _one_ !!! Still, I have a small supply from past visits to the "Smoke'. Up the coast here they don't have these machines.

Don't know where you are, but maybe you can find some too.. ! :)))))

..... Back to the real world... I got some beaut heat shrink plastic tubing today to secure the good old Landrover electrics when I instal the new "Sound System" :))) ... Hard to believe there are so many wires shuffling around behind the dash.... at least the audio will be OK.

Thanks for the words.

Catchya aroun'...

.... frodo.

Reply to