F**$$&!#@@ Paint

painted some topcoat on half the roof yesterday before it looked like it was going to rain again. Last night it tipped down, and the unpainted half of the roof got buggered (water based primer, remember?) by the wet, despite being dry by the time it was rained on.

so, in a fit of temper I got the pressure washer out and blasted ALL the new paint off again, thereby demonstrating how well it hadn't stuck. Black machinery enamel on the bumper and the crossmember stood up nicely to the efforts of the pressure washer, despite the fact that it, too, was put on with my usual assiduous lack of preparation.

I've now bought red and blue machinery enamel, and will mix the 2 together and paint it with that.

I've also parked it in next-door's barn for the purpose, although naturally it pissed down on it beforehand, so I won't be painting it 'til tomorrow morning.

sodding Leyland paint. must have taken it's design criteria from the car company of the same name, sometime around 1976.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Have you thought about ditching the paint and having bare brushed steel or aluminum - like the DeLorean.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

On or around Wed, 23 Aug 2006 16:57:45 +0100, Alex enlightened us thusly:

tempting. 's a lot of work polishing it though. LR had a display model done in polished alloy, at one time.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Looking at the forcast forget it until after Malvern. These things are best not rushed. That way you can pick your weekend once it's ready to do. Either that or beg/borrow a barn in which to do it.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

On or around Wed, 23 Aug 2006 19:23:35 +0100, "Lee_D" enlightened us thusly:

ah, well, it so happens that the bloke across the road has spare space in his barn... hopefully, I'll get a coat of mixed red-and-blue tractor enamel on it tomorrow morning, then I can take it from there.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Almost a shame it's not an unofficial we are off to... we could bung it in my double pavillion tent and have it done in no time as a group effort.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Maintaining the finish on the brushed steel might be a bit of a nuisance- unless you like that orange matt look...

Reply to
Natalie Drest