F/S : TDi 300 engine, gearbox & transfer case

Hi All,

As a view to tidying up at home, we have a 300 series TDi engine with mated gearbox/transfer case available. In fact, it comes complete with a 2-door Range Rover !

The engine is from a 110 and is in excellent condition with less than 85,000 miles and has been regularly serviced and well maintained (though the same cannot really be said for the rest of the vehicle)

It sits, rather forlornly, outside at present, unused for a few months. It has no tax or MOT so would need to be collected on either a trailer or by someone with access to trade plates. It is drivable, we just never renewed the road tax due to having other vehicles available.

The whole car would make an ideal restoration project, or you could scrap the car & just use the engine/gearbox. Its entirely up to you really.

We are in the OL3 postcode (kinda between Manchester and Huddersfield) and are open to offers. We're not looking for mega bucks or anything stupid. OK, so we know how much its worth if we wanted to buy an engine/gearbox, but as long as we get at least £600 for it, we'll be happy.

Back when we had 3 Rangies and plenty of time, it was a well intentioned project, but times & circumstances change and we just need to get rid of it and make space. And it would be a shame for someone not to be able to have the benefit of this excellent power unit.

Other 'good condition@ usable parts include : both axels, the power steering system, a nice Varta HD battery less than 15 months old (and worth £80 alone), most of the suspension parts, and some of the interior. The body panels are a bit 'past their best', the tailgate (upper and lower) are skip-fodder, but the tyres have decent tread [fitted to Rostyle rims]. Also, the rad (ex-110 along with the engine) is in fine condition.

For a project, its a lot of work unless you're the committed type and handy with tools. Though it would make an excellent and capable off-roader and the chassis is in near perfect condition.

Anyways, let us know your thoughts !

Cheers

Tony & Lorna

Reply to
TonyNicUK

Bit of a long shot here, but what happened to the rest of the 110?

Paul

Reply to
Paul Everett

Do you have the V5 etc?

Steve. Suffolk. remove 'knujon' to e-mail

Reply to
AN6530

Is the gearbox a 4 or 5 speed? Is it the RR gearbox?

Reply to
Tom Woods

Do you want a RR with the V5? My mate is trying to get rid of a rolling RR chassis with a V5. Not a tax emempt one unfortunately.

Reply to
Tom Woods

Tidying up?? A youve got a car in surplus? Most be a fantastic place youve got.

But I would have loved to buy Youre RR if it wasnt because I just fitted a Peugeot engine. And what trouble that was.

I will still remember Your offer and get back if I can find any use for Your offer.

Freddy RR 84' Volvo Amazon 66' (and living in Denmark. Not exactly the most rewarding place to be if You have an interest in cars)

Reply to
Freddy O. Christensen

We're in OL10, and interested in the engine if you want to sell it ?

Steve

Reply to
Steve