Facet fiiting or G - Forces? A Percy problem....

Hi,,,smee ....again.....

This weeks issue seems to be a lack of fuel supply in Percy under hard acceleration...like on an overtake.

I have fitted an Ex P-reg rangies Facet Fuel pump...it's fitted horizontally. Only I noticed when under Jay-lo the other week it's fitted vertically.

Now I notice the fuel supply just prior to blackout through the G-forces involved in such an overtake so is it the G forces? The Engine for those who have forgotten Percys build is a 4.2 XK lump fiited with twin HS6's (1

3/4 inch).

Normal pootleing is no problem.

Also ...if I do eventually get it to go faster than light...will it be dark when I get there? and will the sealed beam units be any use ;-)

Lee D

-- Project Percy - Jaguar 4.2 and Auto in to Series IIa 88 see it @

101Ambi '76 / IIa - Percy '64 / Rangie TD '90

alt.fan.landrover hall of fame -

Lee_D

That sounds remarkably like when I took the restrictors out of a Satge 1 V8

- changing needles in the Strombergs did the trick, and crippled the overall fuel consumption!!!

Richard

Reply to
beamends

At the speed of light Percy will be infinitely heavy, so don't try any tight corners or swift lane changes. You might also want to uprate the springs.

Mine is fitted vertically (I think).

I don't think the G-forces will be the thing. What fuel pump is fitted to the Jag that it came out of?

This all sounds horribly familiar!....

Tim Hobbs

Tim Hobbs

Howabout a bucket on the bonnet filled with LRP with some radiator hose feeding the carbs? :)

Reply to
Exit

Crickey! Those are the exact symptoms of the ride characteristis now, I think I must have hit it! That clonk must have been the sound barrier :-)

Sadly the dear departed Jag had EFi which I binned as it ran from 2 ECU's and the thought of all that rewireing and mud kind of turned me off the idea. To be honnest I know nothing more than it was an in tank pump and I never went in the tank.

:-) Tag team fuel problems?.....

by the way...who ever reads this next....TICK your on!!!!

;-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

"Lee_D" wrote in news:56N5b.1263$1% snipped-for-privacy@newsfep4-glfd.server.ntli.net:

reminds of..........

Martin IJspeert

Mine's fitted vertically on a SIII 2.6, just like yours. Although I'm sure I've seen it fitted horizontally. In theory it shouldn't make a difference, SU pumps can be fitted any way round, why should a Facet be any different?

As for alternative pumps, you could try a Twin Impeller SU pump. I have a Bentley with a 6.3 V8 fitted which the SU's keep up with, it should be enough for your 4.2, if you really don't have any other problem

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Just a though as on Jay lo it's one way and on Percy its tuther...Percy is the one with the Hickup...I didn't remove it from the rangie it came off so I'm ignorant as to which way if ant it should go if you get my drift..

Right oh, will look out for one of them...

Cheers :-)

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

couldn't get it to work but was sufficiently arroused to find this......

Lee_D

I'm Impressed I'd have been a bit more impressed if it had read

"As for alternative pumps, you could try a Twin Impeller SU pump. I have a SERIES 2A with a 6.3 V8 fitted which the SU's keep up with, it should be enough for your 4.2, if you really don't have any other problem"

Now there's a thought where's my cheque book

Andy

Reply to
Andy.Smalley