fancy a v8 auto landie

sorry for the plug, but it could make someone a lovely off-roader

Reply to
WPS

How hard was it getting that dashboard to work, speedo etc and is it accurate? Whats the going rate for one out of interest?

Fergus

Reply to
fergus.kendall

Needed a calibration resistor on the water temp and fuel gauge, the oringinal gearbox speedo ( rotary encoder) transducter from the GTE was bodged onto the end of the landie gearbox speedo cable, reads few mph out up to about 50MPH, wouldn't want to go much faster as the ride is a bit stiff having duel gas shocks all round. The RPM indicator feed taken from the coil is not over accurate but it still works and looks good as a guide to what the engine is doing. I brought this one on eBay for around £25 pounds some time back with the transducer. Recommend you don't buy with out original plugs and transducer, very hard to get and very expensive new. There are plenty of sites with the wiring instructions, the only thing I never got working was the oil pressure indicator, basically lost interest and moved onto other jobs around the vehicle.

Reply to
WPS