Feeling Blue...

Driving on the interstate today and the "Y" pipe suddenly broke on my '96 disco, V8, NAS above the cats at the manifold.

$866.00 US for a NRP replacement part w/o shipping. No labor.

Boo Hoo

Reply to
Jack

On or around Thu, 15 Sep 2005 01:08:16 GMT, "Jack" enlightened us thusly:

WTF?

I'll never understand this. Unless it includes the cats, that's overpriced by about 8x.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

It does, hence the price. Landrover UK list the same part at around £700-950, depending on exact model!! Badger.

Reply to
Badger

and seemingly marginally cheaper in the US then in the country of origin

that is diabolical Iwould be looking at a fabricators with pipe bending kit like Orange CountyChoppers surely got to be cheaper I assume north british cant do you abetter deal

Derek

Mine went there, and the replacement was about £700, including the cats.

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

On or around Thu, 15 Sep 2005 23:03:21 +0100, Tim Hobbs enlightened us thusly:

are the cats actually defective? don't see why it can't be welded up, if it's broken

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Thu, 15 Sep 2005 21:52:00 GMT, "Derek" enlightened us thusly:

I'd be getting the welder out...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I'll get the extension cable....

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

The price I posted before does include both cats but no lambda (O2) sensors. Prior to the break I was getting an ECU trouble code. Bad rear 02 sensors/ bad cats. The US$866.00 NRP stainless steel exhaust is considered an upgrade with a higher flow exhaust. NRP from

is the only company suggesting an increase in horsepower.LR Genuine is US$1825.00 just for the part. After market stainless is US$654.50 from
, again cats included. Lastly,
has a SS set for US$699.95. I'm considering the NRP "upgrade" with a new 4 set of Bosch O2 sensors. Looks like ~ US$1500.00 if I do my own labor.

What do the French say? C'est La Vie

Reply to
Jack