Finally took some piccys - RR

Having been asked a couple of times to get some piccys I finally got around today to getting the camera out. Besides it was far too cold to start poking around under the bonnet for the illusive diesel whiff.

Anyway here it is :-)

Still can't stop grinning :-)

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Leed D Hi,

you are a lucky man !!!!

It is a very nice looking car and it is also painted with one of the best colours a Landy/Rangy can have (white and silver are my favourites)

Take care Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

Nice looking motor. And nice looking house, they must pay coppers to much.

*NO* I take that back, it's a job I wouldn't do for all the tea in China.
Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Top do.

Reply to
Nige

Lee_D wibbled

Very nice, Lee, very nice. ;)

So ... off-roading anywhere lately? In the RR3?

Sorry mate, just taking the piss 'cos I'm, envious. Saw one a couple of weekends ago at KORC, and it looked bloody good in the gloopy stuff, had a few issues with knife edges mind, but on the whole it seemed damned capable, if a tad pricey, for off-roading.

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Paul - xxx uttered summat worrerz funny about:

I wish I could afford the pannel damage / underbody protection. I wrestle enough with taking the 110 off the asphalt and it's probably dinked on every pannel and with muds on too. :-) Bonkers init!

:-) I'm chuffed just to own and drive it on the tarmac, I'm really looking forward to getting the Caravan hooked up to it - which reminds me.. but thats another thread :-)

Think of it as adding some balance to the marque - not everyone who drives a RR3 is a drug dealer ;-) right wheres me bling.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

I think it's his parents house, but it is nice.

Very nice.

Reply to
Nige

I'm looking forward to getting mine hooked up to Henry, what do you get MPG matey?

Reply to
Nige

When I picked up my L322, I couldnt get couldnt get out of it, drove it everywhere.

I dropped the sprog down in town one Friday.. On driving by the 'happening' pub in town I slowed down to let the queue check the truck out (i know, i know, vain or what)

As I drove off down the road I got a call from a girl who used to work for us that now is a WPC in the local area.

"Dont slow down outside Mamba Blue like that, we're all in a van round the corner waiting for a dark blue range rover to pull up outside and kick off with the bouncers, you were seconds from being spread cross your bonnet with your hands cuffed.

I dont drive around town on a Friday/Saturday night much now.. Take the Golf...

Tim

Reply to
Tim Guy

I went out with a D3 a few weeks back doing some laning, it had a snorkel, underbody protection, muds, winch and allsorts, it was still s**te and was a pain in the arse. The owner wasn't keen on getting it scratched and it kept badly dragging its arse on ruts even though it was jacked up as high as it would go so it's not a good choice if you want something to go off-road with. You could see where it had been as the top layer of mud had been scraped flat. The traction control would be the only thing going for it as in theory it ought to be better than front and rear diff locks.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

The house is Ma and Pa's reward for working there arses off being then self employed. Both came from humble terraced house type upbringing to a smallholding whilst bringing up three nippers Can't fault them. The location certainly takes some beating.

As for paying me too much, they can never pay me too much :-) Half the illusion of course is down to Mrs D also working herself in to the ground, for which I have rewarded her with.... the Laguna ;-)... but she loves me :-).

Regards the job, I did it for 2 years as a Special (for chariddy mate! Around 20 hours a week) before being lucky enough to get in the regulars. It's certainly not a job people do for the money, shifts, all the crap that comes with the job and hemoraging of friends when you join (sign of true friends mind). I was bought right down to earth by a Ch. Insp when our intake was sat down for one of our induction sessions to be told that there were people out there who would make far better cops than us, that we were just the lucky bastards who got through. I try to remind myself of that on the crap days - that and the fact I'd probably still be in a job I detested and pootling around in a 1985 Astra had I not been one of the lucky bastards.

I think it was Feris Beuler that said "Life is what you make it, if you don't stop and take a look around now and then you're going to miss it".

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Nige uttered summat worrerz funny about:

typical bumming around with air con on is 23mpg. A check of purely town driving is 15 and Motorway cruising with the air con off I managed 33mpg but that is the exception to the rule. Not had the van on the back yet.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Tim Guy uttered summat worrerz funny about:

LMAO!

Reply to
Lee_D

Thats not that different from the 4.6!

Town i get around 13, 18-20 on a run, once managed 23.

Reply to
Nige

To be fair with lengthened height sensors the D3 suspension can be lifted in a few ticks the likes of 3 inches over stock lr settings for proper off piste use. It's just that it's not common place yet.

Being an enthusiast doesn't necessarily mean you've got to get up to your rocker cover in mud. Landrovers do have more about them than just offroad ability contrary to popular belieif :-) That said I'm not about to rush out and buy a set of 22 inch rims either. There is still a 110 sat here on the drive for general wallowing around, trips to the tip and fastening vices to etc etc etc.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

If it's easy he might have already done it, he said he was one of the chaps behind the D3 owner's club and reckoned there were a lot of people in it including him who regularly off-roaded them and modded them. Still didn't want his panels scratched despite the kit he'd bolted on. He didn't mind light scratches that would polish out, although I went down a lane with a glossy truck many moons ago that was just 2 miles of light scratches, when it came out the other end it was matt ;-)

Indeed, you'd have to be mad to buy a modern D3/Range Rover specifically for off-road ability as there's much more capable kit out there, but I'd certainly not call it "damned capable" for off-roading, which was the claim (not from you I hasten to add). I've seen them off-road and I'd not regard them as anything more than low-to-middling-capable, a short-wheelbase series truck aces them over most things.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Is that parked outside the servants quarters? ;)

Reply to
Tom Woods

Hi Lee !

Supernice car you got there :-)))

Kind Regards

Reply to
René Løweneck

here is one, it should be quite apparent if it's been touched with the uppy stick :-)

Looks pretty capable to me, no less so than any Disco I or II I've seen with a typical lift kit.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Except that that's likely to be as far down as the wheels will go, whereas a disco 1/2 will happily out-articulate my pinz easily, keeping the wheels in contact with the ground. The D3 has traction control I think so that'll help it get over the articulation issue (that's what saves the pinz too) but I think the disco 2 also has traction control? Then there's the weight...

So yah boo sucks :-P

Mind you, it's possible that at that height, it may have better clearance than the D1/2 due to the lack of beam axles and diffs sticking down, can't really tell in that pic, or whether the suspension components stick down and get in the way.

But the cost of all that.. Not cheap enough to abuse yet!

Reply to
Ian Rawlings