Finding a Chassis Number

I have a 1985 110 CSW and there is no sign of the chassis number where I would expect it - that is on the RHS chassis rail behind the front bumper on the lower piece of chassis member.

Are any of this group aware of anywhere else it may have been stamped on the chassis for this age/type of vehicle?

The front member looks clean (and rust free!), but it's not obvious that it has been replaced.

Cheers

Peter

Reply to
puffernutter

Can't remember where I got it from, definitely off the 'net, but this might help .. ;)

"CHASSIS NUMBERING

Where is Your Chassis/Serial Number?

80 inch models: The chassis number can be found on the nearside engine mounting and on the brass plate on the nearside of the bulkhead. Later vehicles had the plate positioned inside the cab.

86 & 107 models: The chassis number can be found on the bulkhead inside the vehicle and on the right hand front spring hanger. Note: We've gotten a report of an 86" with the chassis number on the left hand *rear* spring hanger and nothing on the RH Front. So check both places.

88 & 109 models: The chassis number can be found on the bulkhead inside the vehicle and on the right hand front spring hanger.

Series III 109" V8 (Stage I) The chassis number can be found on the firewall in the engine bay and on the right hand front spring hanger. (Though Daryl Webb claims "LHR" whatever that means)

90, 110, 130 & Defenders: Found in the behind Rover's left front corner of the windshield Stamped on plate Riveted to the top of the brake pedal box in the engine compartment Stamped on the right-hand side of the chassis forward the spring mounting turret

Range Rovers: Found in the behind Rover's left front corner of the windshield Stamped on the right hand side chassis member forward of the front spring mounting turret RANGE ROVER Classic with Vogue body (not sure about NAS County) has chassis number stamped in rear/passenger cross member (in front of rear wheel)

Discoveries: Found in the behind Rover's left front corner of the windshield Stamped on the right hand side chassis member forward of the front spring mounting turret"

Hope it helps.

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Partially, I found that this morning as well, it's just that somebody needs to tell my land rover, as it is not where it is supposed to be!

Cheers

Peter

Reply to
puffernutter