Fireman Percy?

As some of you will be aware I've been rubbing down Percy for his long overdue repaint. He was painted Bronze green by the previous keeper.

Now then I'm aware he was exmilitary and tonight for the first time I removed the rear number plate to find that behind it was a number of holes, one of which I recognise from Morph as being the housing for the Nato trailer socket with a larger hole next to it again round surrounded by a numer of smaller screw / bolt holes.

What would this second hole have housed?

Furthermore theres not a ounce of Nato green or cammo anywhere but lots of Red paint , When I got Percy he was a truck cab hence the "Percy the pigg'in pickup" name. Wonder if he was part of a fleet of fire engines.

Here are some piccys of the progress.... and not a can of nitromors in sight!

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Ok .. I'll give you a clue....