First problem?

I tried using the air con today in mi P38 Rangie. It seemed to blow cold but a symbol depicting a notebook and an exclamation mark popped up in the heating display. The manual says it has to see a garage. Any idea's what has gone wrong?

Reply to
cyberwraith

Blend motors.

Reply to
Nige

Cheers Nige, I did take it to mi local Land Ranger who had a giggle. Apparently as it was so hot I had put the blower on LO, and at this setting the AC does not operate so it gives the little icon BUT he did say it does not really explain it well in the manual as it says this only later after you have already tried the AC and auto settings. So I am one happy lil bunny and will take the car for a LPG service tomorrow and then a full service at the end of the month. So basically pilot error, but something needed to know. Love the new car but miss mi owd Disco, Edie.

Reply to
cyberwraith

Eh? The ac doesn't operate on LO? Sounds like fishshit to me.

Reply to
Nige

I still grin when I'm out in our Rangie but being demented also grin when out in the 110. Miss the IIa (Percy) and my First Rangie V8. The Disco is very much missed by Mrs_D as she has now assumed re-ownership of the Laguna keys... though I feel unrest in the force and suspect that a she will have keys to a Green Oval again before too long.

Good to hear its sorted. Just been to the tip in the 110... I'm glad its white! Especially as when I got there it was closed because its Wednesday - Er but its Thursday!.. the tempreture went up then I'll tell you. I'm turning into Victor Meldrew!

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

When I turned on the AC I used it via the Auto button so should have said climate control? Anyway it does seem to be working now, thankfully, otherwise this afternoon it would not just have been my maltesers melting! (Ileft'em in the car when I went to get an icecream). Pushing the AC button on it's own though did also bring up the icon's mentioned. Again it is apparently because I had the heater / blower set to LO. One click up and it changes to 16 when everything works! Only work that really needs doing up to now is the body could do with a re-spray at some point over the next year. Now where is mi savings tin?.......

Reply to
cyberwraith