Fitting Bullbar to P38- clues?

Just picked up a factory bullbar for my '98 4.0 RR from Ebay, any clues on fitting it? The fellow who sold it to me has managed to lose the wing mounting plates and bolts, but they're fairly cheap from LR & hopefully not a problem to fit (this is for the side bits- it's in 3 pieces at the moment). How does it mount onto the car proper? Is there a parts kit available?

TIA

Reply to
Natalie Drest

Bumper off & it goes down the back of the bumper, resting on the front pads.

Reply to
Nige

Good-O. What will I need to secure it, bearing in mind there are absolutely no bolts provided?

Reply to
Natalie Drest

"Natalie Drest" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@dnews.tpgi.com.au...

ISTR is was the bolts that hold on the bumper, but they where longer if i remember?

Reply to
Nige

Thanks, Nige. Anybody got a part number for the longer bolts, or failing that, a bolt length? I want to get this just right, since SRS airbags are involved... not the place for a rough job.

Reply to
Natalie Drest

There are some bolts under the front bumper pads too, they might need to be sorted too. Is this the official LR product? the one that can be an A framn or a ugly looking pair of glasses type thing? Mine was the LR one

Reply to
Nige

Official, gen-yoo-ine LR product. To make it reeely ugly, just add the front & rear indicator protectors... yecchh.

Reply to
Natalie Drest

Get yourself a copy of the RAVE CD off fleabay. Accessory fitting instructions are on there (as well as a shed-load of invaluable info)

Cheers, Chris.

Natalie Drest wrote:

Reply to
chris