fitting harnesses.

I have just bought 4 point harnesses to go with my plush cobra seats in my

  1. The straps for the lap belts are no problem to fit as i can just bolt them to the existing seat belt mounts on the floor. The straps that go over the shoulder is where i am scratching my head. I don't think bolting them to the bulkhead is a good idea as it is too thin,If i bolt them also to the floor then the angle wouldn't be right in case of an accident. And i don't really want them bolted all the way from the back of the vehicle as they would be in the way. If someone has fitted these to their vehicles can they throw their knowledge this way please. Thanks.
Reply to
bones

These are usually designed to fit to your rollcage...

If you're fitting them for any ARC regulated comp or event, you should read through the ARC regs very carefully. If you just want them for pose value, I guess it doesn't really matter - apart from the fact that a badly fitted harness will kill you in an accident quicker than an old 3 point inertia belt, obviously.

Reply to
Mother

Have a think about whether you might be able to utilise the anchorage rail MRC7354 used on early soft top 90s. You'll probably need to devise your own anchor attachments but the basic structure is there.

David

Reply to
Dougal

Oh, forgot to mention...

Acting solely upon advice gained from usenet - or anywhere on titnernet for that matter, may be foolhardy in the extreme and could kill you just as easily.

IANAL

Reply to
Mother