Fitting rear step to a LR90

Having bought a rear step to help the kids clamber in to the back, I am struggling to fit it!

One of the bolts fitted no problem, but the other one comes through the crossmember into a boxed section that I can't get to to fit the washer and nut. Anyone else encountered this problem?

I am thinking of welding the step on one side, but it seems a bit too permanent.

Frazer

I fitted one quite a while back, and vaguely seem to remember that it has a captive nut (at least for the one you can't get to). Not sure through, but seems logical.

Pieter

Reply to
pieter

Hi Pieter,

I hoped mine would too, but no such luck. I can't say I'm that surprised, this is pretty typical of my Land Rover experience so far!

Keep smiling,

Frazer

They are both "captive" / threaded - or should be. Are you sure they aren't just full of road crap and rust after x years?

Reply to
Mike Buckley

Sound advice, thanks Mike and Pieter. I checked again and found that it was indeed threaded, just full of rust and other crap. All fitted now!

Frazer