Fitting side windows to D90??

I am attempting to convert my 1997 D90 van type to County. The body has a number of small dents (ex-gamekeeper's vehicle) so I am not looking to do a super-duper job, just functional and neat.

I have managed to get myself two good side panels with fitted windows for the D90 and have located a firm that will supply new after-market roof and side linings.

Any advice before I start spending money? Could I make side linings from plywood that would do the job and look reasonable? Presumably that is impossible for the roof because of all the curves. Linings are expensive! Any recommendations on seats, belts, etc.? Any problems I should be aware of before I start?

Thanks!

Derry

Reply to
Derry Argue

Hi Derry,

I've seen carpet lined roofs that looked OK, a lot cheaper than buying a headlining, need to clean the roof well to get it to stick though I would guess. I would say the sides would be harder than the roof to sort out, I don't know about ply lining if you've got windows you're not going to be using much ply at all. I'd try and get LR ones secondhand, try Overton's outside Aberdeen, they may have some 90 trim.

Seats? Well you're probably wanting bench seats - forward ones take up more space and are more expensive! There's not much to mounting LR bench seats a few minutes with a cordless drill does that. Likewise with belts, a few lap belts are normal, you'll need some spreader plates though underneath the back body to mount them on.

Remember when you're putting the roof on to locate all the bolts first before tightening any up! When you have the sides off is a very good time to paint any non-galvanised cappings as well, you have excellent access.

Regards

William MacLeod

Reply to
willie