Fly Tipping Wankers

Afternoon

Just got back from Sunday dinner after taking a route via a byway to the pub.

This is what i was faced with at the end of the lane....

What a bunch of wankers...

Then, around the corner i saw a for tipper van, with a load of metal/washing machines on the back reverse down another lane.

I glared at the bloke in it, and parked up about 50 meters away - Didn't manage to get the plate.

Blatently about to dump it, but changed his mind as i was there and did one.

Rang Northampton Police who told me it was a 'environmental health issue' and put me on to an answering machine.

I bet I find it across a lane later.

These lanes have only been open for a week.

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Mark Solesbury uttered summat worrerz funny about:

They really are the scum of the earth, but I can't help thinking that all the stupid regulations and rules around use of tips is promoting the fly tipping. Not that this makes it ok.

I'm stunned we don't get more. I've had a busy day tidying the house a bit as Ma and Pa are popping around for Sunday lunch. I've finally read my mountain of post "to read one day". I now have a wad of junk mail about three telephone directories worth in the recycling box. There is a strange sense of satisfaction from bunging junkmail in the recycling bag.

I love Sundays off work!

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

One of the local lanes I drive near Frome is a fly-tipping paradise, an ex-tarmac road through a quiet forest with various laybys left over from its ex-tarmac days. These laybys are often full of rubbish. If it's wood I take it away for burning on my fire, someone else usually gets rid of the rest within a few weeks. About 15 minutes away there's a tip, although I suspect the problem is down to the trade waste rules at the tip, most of the fly-tipping waste I've seen is trade waste, as Lee suggests I think a bit less red tape might make it less likely that feckless builders can't be arsed to go to the tip.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

I suspect it has little to do with the trade waste regulations themselves and a lot to do with avoiding paying to dump waste. The likleyhood of being caught is slim and the penalties are too low to dissaude. Like a lot of criminal ctivity these days such as vehicle insurance. When the penalty is a ticking off and a fine that is less than the cost of a policy, where is the incentive?

Reply to
Darren Griffin - PocketGPSWorld.Com

TBH, I would have thought he was very unlikely to be about to dump that lot, not with scrap steel fetching about £90 per tonne!

Reply to
SimonJ

On or around Sun, 23 Sep 2007 13:21:09 +0100, Mark Solesbury enlightened us thusly:

well, yeah, this is true.

However, in some parts of the world the cost in cash-or-hassle to dispose of domestic waste properly is such as to dissuade people. Case in point: I had, over the years, collected several old monitors and terminals, and I took these to the refuse disposal amenity site, to get rid. I can take 1 telly and 1 computer monitor. If I wanted to faff around, I could take one per week. Otherwise, I'd have to pay. Now, the argument probably goes that traders have to pay and if you bring a bunch of stuff at once then you're obviously a trader...

but hangon, traders pay business rates, so why don't they get refuse disposal included in that?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Austin Shackles uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Because some have no waste and others have radioactive waste?

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

This is going to get worse. I have had to have a lockable skip put in where I work to stop people using it for hazardous waste. The last time contaminated waste went into a skip it cost £7,000

If you put your rubbish in a wheelie bin, you will be charged by how much it weighs. If you take it to the tip you will be charged for using the tip.

If you improve your home and make it environmentally friendly, they will increase your poll tax.

All they want is your money and "They " the cheating , lying, up your arse politicians. are getting rich out of it. ( in my honest opinion. )

Reply to
4x4v6

In news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net,

4x4v6 wibbled :

They bin watching too much Father Ted!

Reply to
GbH

FFS I've been down the farm this afto and some parasitic little weasel faced bastard has dumped a load of conifer shit right on the farmers bean field one day I will catch the tw8ts at it and I promise you they will be going exactly nowhere till the police arrive.

Derek

Reply to
Derek

"Mark Solesbury" wrote (snip)...

We have the same in Green Lane (apt name) at Thorpe where for the whole length it was lined with tipped rubbish the last time I drove it.

ON another annoying and frustrating note, we have foot and mouth all around and have noticed all the tapes across the footpaths locally have been broken at one time or another, presumably by walkers/dog walkers, even the ones across a field that contained cows that have been culled. It's just so irresponsible.

Reply to
Bob Hobden

Not that bad here. I took my "collection" of dead monitors and PC base units to the dump the other week. A layer deep, with the seats folded, in the back of the DII. After the sixth trip from back of landie to the appropiate container there was a shout from the cabin at the far end of "that's a lot, yer not trade are you?" was heard, I answer "No, just a big clear out". Mind you I also had the trailer (single axle and just under the maximum length allowed) full of other miscellaneous domestic detritus as well.

Depends if they have business premesies. A builder parking is transit tipper on the drive of his homes and using part of the front room as office space has no business rates. He will how ever have to pay fairly hefty trade waste disposal charges *and* pay for a licence to move the waste as well. This is why builders quite often suggest the householder deals with the waste as they can do it for free via the ordinary bin (assuming there isn't a great quantity).

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Bob Hobden uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Surely dog walkers would just duck under them though?

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

They have been put across in a cross formation in most places so have to be broken. The Police or someone does re-instate them IDC but some seem to be constantly broken with more and more broken tape flapping in the wind.

Reply to
Bob Hobden

It definitely seems to be regional. In North Wales I got no end of hassle every time I took my pickup to the tip. It's a bright yellow Skoda Fun, a tiny little thing, instantly recognisable as mine, everybody at the tip knew it, but every time I went I had to phone the council to pre-register my vehicle as non-trade, which meant all weekend tip visits had to be pre-planned in the week when the council was open. If my reg was not on their list I was not allowed in to the tip.

Now I live in North Wilts the local tip in Purton allows me to turn up in the same pickup or my Landy with huge trailer on the back and empty no end of stuff and not a peep. I am constantly waiting for the 'are you trade' question but am never asked, on the contrary the staff usually help empty the trailer for me. It's a breath of fresh air and encourages me to take even more stuff for recycling.

Regards,

Dave.

Reply to
Dave

However Sole-Trader builder also has to pay income tax like the rest of us, and would offset the cost of running his mini-empire against his income tax.

Any fee charged to remove waste would be a business expense and thus would be tax deductable.

Reply to
vertuas

vertuas uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Fine but what if you pay little income tax but produce the most humoungous pile of waste on the planet as a result?

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

This isn't relevant to the paying of Business Rates and thus being entitled to have free waste disposal. Even putting the disposal and licence charges against tax he still has to find all the cash up front and will still be 80%(ish) of the total out of pocket after the tax adjustments.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice