Ford Strike.

Well at least the one at the end of my drive strategically blocking in my

101 and Percy in is ..... must be miffed cos I started work on the 101 again. :o(

Still , I've never seen fuse boxes full of clean water before, makes a refreshing change, but now all the electrics work (or did till the battery gave in) without the ignition switched on.

Thought that may cheer up anyone whos having a badly behaved landie day. Now if only I could find the blasted ignition relay 1993 Scorpio...it's one of about 30!... looks like a swimming trunks job.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Note to self :- When removing waterlogged main fuse box from car don't forget to remove golfing umbrella from door frame and close electric windows prior to complete removal of now defunct main fuse box.

doh!

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

First defunct fuse box now replaced...all wired up ... fault persists...but at least now I can actually hear the other fuse box fizzing...6 days off the road and will be at least Wednesday before the new parts arrive... It's really easy to go off a car. Still shouldn't moan it owes me nowt but very frustrating all the same.

Rather interesting opening the door to see the rear wash wipe come on.. without the ignition on... Mind the fuse boxes are a real mess when I did the post mortem (read - thought I'd fix with a beans tin and 30 minutes with some tin snips). Beware the 10 year old car full of gizmos!

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D