Found problem - leak in front P38A air springs

Since I purchased my 2000 RaRo,

while traveling at highway speeds and already in low-profile,

well, it would occasionally dip the front end upon hitting a small bump in the tarmac

this dip results in violent bouncing that makes driving dangerous

Still have some 1k warranty left, but the dealer (in Toronto, Canada) could not find a leak and I'm running out of time - says I have to wait till it gets worse!

Any ideas on how to "assist" the dealer in fixing this while under warranty

Thank you

Mike

Reply to
Michael B.

I think I'd be inclined to go on the attack, as the arranty is running out, and your problem really does sound dangerous. What would their reaction be if you were to dump the vehicle at their premises and refuse to drive it as it is dangerous, and demand another car? Or would they call your bluff and leave you car-less? At the very least I'd be inclined to get something in writing that states that the matter is already a warranty issue and will be fixed under the exisiting warrany, regardless of the warranty expiring soon, if you see what I mean!

Richard

Reply to
richard.watson

I see what you mean! They have this matter on record, and have assured me that they will honor the warranty work even after it runs out, but I want it fixed long before it's perfectly obvious to the dealer... I will call LR Canada today to see their thoughts...

Reply to
Michael B.

Yep, definitely, put it in writing to them that there is a specified defect before the warranty expires. You may even want to send it to them registered post. Then, when they work out what it is, you can beat them round the head to fix it under warranty. There's a problem there, within the warranty period, and it's the dealer's problem they can't work out what it is until after the warranty expires.

I have the same thing with my Volvo gearbox - there is definitely a problem with it, although the dealer can't work out what it is (no fault code showing). If it weren't for the fact that it is a company car, meaning basically I don't give a toss about it, I'd be putting the thumbscrews on the dealer to fix it under warranty. It's their problem, not yours.

As Richard says, as it sounds dangerous, maybe you should make it clear to the dealer that it's their problem to resolve it NOW, or you want a new vehicle, and don't take no for an answer. You may want to drop it into conversation that you will hold them legally responsible for any accident, as they know about the problem, whether or not this is the case.

David.

Reply to
David French