Freelander Alarm - Will It Work When You Need It?

In my experience - NO!

Last night I had my passenger window smashed and my navigation system stolen - when I inspected the car the alarm LED was still flashing the armed state.

I opened the car and re-locked it - alarm went through its usual arming sequence for 10 seconds, I then reached through the window and bloody nothing.

Alarm is supposed to have parometric and volumetric alarms.

Thanks landrover for giving me an alarm that is as useful as a chocolate fireguard.

I suggest you all check yours!

Reply to
PC Format

PC Format uttered summat worrerz funny about:

How did you lock it?

Reply to
Lee_D

With the keyfob

Reply to
PC Format

In message , PC Format writes

It could be that the sensors are disabled in the settings part of the alarm menu in the ECU. I don't do many alarm faults on freelanders so can be exact. But it could be possible.

Reply to
Marc Draper

My DII one works, at least it did when one of the children was messing about getting out so was threatened with being locked in. I did, they moved, alarm went off, unlocked the car, they got out double quick, haven't had to use that threat since...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

...and Dave Liquorice spake unto the tribes of Usenet, saying...

Stopped for petrol in the DII once, with the dog on the back. Went to pay and out of habit locked the doors and set the alarm. Just got the credit card out and the alarm went off. Spent at least a minute thinking "what tw@t has set his car alarm off", then realised it was me, or rather the hooligan. Hands full of cards and receipts, car keys in inaccessible pocket, fumble fumble, scatter scatter, then click and silence. Dog hasn't recovered yet.

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Isn't that just b****y typical. Mine goes off all the time - in the middle of the night, when it's parked at work and whenever it just feels like it -sometimes when I get in and start the engine. Bet it won't go off if someone breaks a window though. TonyB

Reply to
TonyB

PC Format uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Bummer that. Was hoping for a simple explanation but can't think of one now.

Good luck with catching who ever is responsible / any claim.

:-(

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

The thing that bloody annoys me is I'm stood there at 6am, ankle deep in glass and the little dash LED is blinking away as if to say "Dont worry sir, your car is safe"

I know the alarm has worked in the past cos I've accidentaly locked the car when a passenger has been sat inside and its set it off.

Reply to
PC Format